Hawaii Message Boards

SpringTxGal

The AOL Hawaii travel boards have a lot of "regulars", both locals and visitors. If you are not an AOL subscriber, you can use them if you have AIM. As mentioned, Fodor's is another choice, as is Frommer's. A contributor to the Kauai AOL board recommends TripAdvisor's forums, but I haven't used them much.

We can probably answer most questions here (or it's been asked and answered before). Otherwise, Fodor's has a good reputation as well.

Spleen

spleen...tell me they are not really pumping raw sewage into the ali maona canal!!??? from what i have read they are considering closing wakiki beaches? or a no swimming advisory at best? we leave friday for wakiki. tell me somethin good:(

Yes, they are doing that to avoid it getting worse and spilling into the streets. There are advisories not to swim or surf near the mouth of the canal...this is Alamoana Beach Park area to Hilton Hawaiian Village (more or less). If you are as far down as Queens Beach, you should be fine. For now.

Here is the article in todays' paper on the issue:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060329/NEWS01/603290348/1001

Well, there's still always the pool ... sorry. :(

Depending on how long you're here, they may lift the advisory sometime this weekend (assuming that the sewer pipe fix holds) so you may still be OK.

Spleen

Archived