Live from the Pride of America - 09/21-09/28/2024 - Hawai'i (Oahu to Maui to Hawai'i to Kaua'i)

2 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

@Seas2mountains  would love to know what/if there are theme night parties outside of the Glow Party (formally the White Hot Party).  Things like 80’s party or western hoedown(I made that one up unless it is a real thing…)

I’ll let you know if there are any during the cruise. 

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

The road to Hanna is awesome and you need to go early because the trip takes all day. I go to Maui every year and I have only done the whole thing once as I said it takes all day so I do half way to Hanna. 

We plan to do it someday and agree.  We have heard it is best to do with a 5 or 6am start time.

40 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

My very brief Term came from clicking the FAS promo on the first page header on NCL.com then clicking Terms.  I guess NCL corporate is just as confused as the ships.  I think the term for this is Controlled Confusion🤣

So true! We have one more FAS dinner to use at La Cucina so we will see what they say there. We had one meal for each of us included with our initial ocean view cabin as they don’t give the second meal with the complimentary Diamond upgrade. We purchased two specialty dining meals for each of us on the app before the cruise. I think it was a special to buy two meals at a discounted price. 

We will use our two Latitudes Free dinners with the coupons at Moderno and Teppanyaki. 

• Like 3

Today is a self designated stay on the ship day. We enjoyed listening to live music in Pink’s last night. In all lounges, bar servers were frequently checking to see if we wanted a drink.  Today at the pool is a different story as many people decided to stay on the ship. My husband waited about 15 minutes to order the first drinks now. 

Breakfast at Skyline was a bit of a struggle compared to our experience on other NCL ships. We could see the dining room was packed when we arrived close to 8:15am. We lucked out again to get a table next to a window. 

Our waiter came over quickly to get our coffee and juice orders. He made a comment that he wished everyone would give him with big smiles like we did when he greeted us.

He did warn us that omelettes might take 45 minutes to an hour. We ordered them anyways. We had to ask for the juice two more times and it came after we were almost finished with our food. It took that long to get a second cup of coffee, too.

Our omelettes came quickly at about 20 minutes after we ordered. The bacon was missing from my husband’s order and I had ordered a croissant which never came but I probably didn’t need it so I didn’t ask again and let it go. 

The omelettes were hot and tasted great. We also had fruit but forgot to take photos. IMG_4428.thumb.jpeg.8bd5b487faad489195fe799b8e126ca0.jpegIMG_4429.thumb.jpeg.dbefb688f619de58164e97de0ae7ec07.jpeg

First drinks of the day. Perfect Margarita and Hawaiian Sea Breeze. IMG_4441.thumb.jpeg.2ff970fae726a4ef207928bf8912b54f.jpeg

• Like 6

Some of the officers hosted a “how to run a floating hotel Q and A” session yesterday afternoon. I missed most of it but did hear two questions and the answers. 

The average age of the cruise guests on this sailing is 59 years old. 

The officers present for the Q&A do like to go on cruises when they are on vacation. 

• Like 1

It’s now 1pm local time. The pool area is not as crowded as it was at 11:30am. 
It did not take long to order a second drink at the bar. 

There is a tax charged on drinks when in port which is most of the daytime hours on this cruise plus the two overnights in Maui and Kawai’i. 

IMG_4442.jpeg

3 hours ago, Molokai-Chuck said:

Seas2mountains... 

We are enjoying your posts and photos!

Do you know which night and time and place the Veterans gathering is to be held?

Thanks

Molokai Chuck

Thank you! It’s Tuesday night for us and I believe it is at 5pm. I’ll let you know the time when I can confirm it. We do plan to attend the gathering. We got the POA patch. 

We had a great stay on the ship day. We both found decent favorites in the buffet for lunch. The mixed greens when in Hawaii seem to taste so fresh.  

This afternoon we skipped the Wines Around the World as the time conflicted with pool time and lunch. 

Instead, we signed up for the Wine and Cheese tasting in the Napa Wine bar. It was $22/person plus gratuity and tax and had a discount for gaming the HBP (Hawaiian Beverage Package). It was about $46 for both of us. 

It was well done. The pairings were:

Prosecco with Parmesan 

Chardonnay with Goat Cheese

Cabarbet with Gruyère 

Port wine with Blue Cheese 

The salty blue cheese made the port wine taste really good. 

We enjoyed it and would do it again. Up next is the Latitudes party. 

IMG_4443.jpeg

IMG_4444.jpeg

IMG_4445.jpeg

• Like 3

So far so awesome 😎 😎 

Bringing back memories of our trip last year!!

We drove right past Hana on our trip saw one or two more sights recommended by GuideAlong then u-turned it back to the ship. We got the rental first thing and made it back for dinner. The drive was amazing, recommended doing it at least one time.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, carohs said:

So far so awesome 😎 😎 

Bringing back memories of our trip last year!!

We drove right past Hana on our trip saw one or two more sights recommended by GuideAlong then u-turned it back to the ship. We got the rental first thing and made it back for dinner. The drive was amazing, recommended doing it at least one time.  

That is exactly what we did a few weeks ago. We were advised by many that to complete the loop after Hana would be even more difficult than the road we had just travelled. So, we too, did a few more stops from Guidealong and then turned back also.

• Like 2

Next, we had dinner at Moderno. We used a Latitudes dining voucher and did get a bottle of wine to take back to the cabin.  

Moderno has a fabulous salad bar and again the mixed salad greens taste so fresh. I’m not a big fan of the meat selection but this is one of my husband’s favorite restaurants. 

Our server was excellent!
IMG_4453.thumb.jpeg.bb509429e0a37f13f052042a86a62a13.jpegIMG_4454.thumb.jpeg.8788b067f414a6452c5d6e44c1e23feb.jpegIMG_4458.thumb.jpeg.5cc97dcd298c6ac0fd5064b256caa030.jpeg

Lamb and bacon wrapped chicken. 

IMG_4457.jpeg

Edited by Seas2mountains
  • Like 2

We enjoyed the Newlywed not so Newlywed game. Kevin the cruise director and the assistant cruise director did a fantastic job and it was funny as usual. 

The longest married couple were adorable farmers from Canada who were married for 62 (or was it 64?) years. They won. They couldn’t have been cuter. 

There was a young newlywed couple from Virginia who were married for a week.

For the third couple, Kevin asked for the couple who had been married multiple times before this marriage. One couple who volunteered were each on their third marriage. The couple selected for the game had the wife on her fourth marriage and the husband was on his second marriage. They have been married for 14 years. 

IMG_4470.jpeg

• Like 2

We purchased the Starlink basic WiFi package for the remainder of the cruise as we had remaining on board credit to use. 

It is a huge mystery as to why Starlink works so well on other cruise lines but has such slow speeds on NCL. 🤷‍♀️

Yesterday afternoon. 
IMG_4446.thumb.jpeg.0107a53cdd643dab60e14b6410f2f781.jpeg

This morning. IMG_4475.thumb.png.53e7e1533b94b2ebf86f16adbce0dcf4.png

Edited by Seas2mountains
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The ship is rocking gently as we sail towards Kilo. We went to Kilo last September on NCL Spirit. We rented a car from the airport and drove to Volcanoes National Park and Rainbow Falls. We highly recommend both locations when in Kilo.  

Volcanoes National Park and a Volcano tube. 
IMG_5933.thumb.jpeg.a4e4966347bbe882858fb84b97c6c4c4.jpegIMG_5935.thumb.jpeg.9326acd1a48e677ccfdaa8252c282a96.jpegIMG_5938.thumb.jpeg.50b5c0a9b9d7dae78c5da0d5c98266c0.jpegIMG_7906.thumb.jpeg.7656ab08b338ca0f9af6fe4f32a00a83.jpeg

Rainbow Falls. 
IMG_5946.thumb.jpeg.689281fb5945ceee9f7875b0af1ac1bf.jpeg

We plan to get a rental car from the airport today but have different destinations in mind. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trivia addict said:

That is exactly what we did a few weeks ago. We were advised by many that to complete the loop after Hana would be even more difficult than the road we had just travelled. So, we too, did a few more stops from Guidealong and then turned back also.

The road you take on the loop is very crazy in a lot of spots looks like 1 lane and you look right over a cliff. Got to admit not my favorite was a little scary. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1