Teen Club O2?? 14yr in HS/Freshman ok??

LTS1960

Just a quick question or confirmation. I have been reading the boards and found a bit of info on the O2club. If you have a 14yr old and they want to go to the Teen O2 15-17 yr old disco/club instead of hanging out with the 12-14 yr olds then they have to be a Freshman in HS and to bring along a school ID for proof.

Any experiences with this??? My son is 14 and a Freshman in HS. There is no way he wants to hang with the 12-14 yr olds.

I can't imagine what they would be judging the age on and why other than the difference in intrests (mostlikely its age range is for parental guidance). Just watch from afar on how they judge the age of the children and like I used to do when I was 18 pretending to be 21, walk in like you own the joint. Im just wondering what the real difference in the clubs would be?? Different punch?? Less sugar?

I have a will be 16yr old and have seen this asked b4 and most said that 14 is allowed most of the time but around 9 oclock they clear out all the 14 and younger. just what i have read here on these boards( there is a reason for age groups) 17yr olds dont want a bunch of 14yr olds hanging around;)

I don't know where these kids are, because here in central Illinois, 17 year old boys flock to the younger girls..GO FIGURE!

Just wondering what they expect these 14 yr old girls to do, if they kick them out of the disco early. I would think they would get in more trouble wandering around then in an organized setting. Does anybody know if I can of where i can get a definate answer about this?

Thanks

This is my concern. I would rather have our 14 year old girls mingling with older boys (if they do, that is), in a supervised area where they are enjoying a planned activity or just hanging out, but as I said, with supervision....rather than have them wandering around the ship maybe running into someone ever older (but enticing) who has had one too many and might try and take advantage of them. Or, maybe the 17 year old boys won't want to stay in the supervised dance club or other teen area because they might have hit it off with our 14 year old girls. So, off they all go wandering around the ship. And, I hope not to some secluded area or cabin. Safety in numbers. SUPERVISED numbers. :)

I don't know where these kids are, because here in central Illinois, 17 year old boys flock to the younger girls..GO FIGURE!

Just wondering what they expect these 14 yr old girls to do, if they kick them out of the disco early. I would think they would get in more trouble wandering around then in an organized setting. Does anybody know if I can of where i can get a definate answer about this?

Thanks

I notice Princess groups all the teens together ages 13-17 in Off Limits Teen Club. Those places are awesome on the newer, larger ships. At least the one on the Star Princess looked great. My daughter was too young for it back then. I see that RCI does it like Carnival...splits them into "groups within a group".

Thanks

You won't get a definite answer on this because it's just going to depend on how strict the age limits are enforced on your particular cruise.......it's up to the Club02 counselor, taking into consideration how many teens are participating and how many younger kids want to move up. The ages are clearly defined in Carnival's literature (12-14, 15-17). That's all you can be sure of now. Somebody posted that it is a fleetwide rule that they'll allow 14 year olds in Club02 with a HS ID, but unless you find that somewhere in writing on Carnival's webpage or brochures...............As far as Club02 being an organized setting and getting less in trouble; on the last night of our Conquest cruise, the club was shut down early because many of the younger teens were drunk.:( I wish they would have just kicked out the drunks because there were teens (like my son) who wanted to stay up late the last night at Club02.

Just know that whatever happens, your girls are going to have a great time. Camp Carnival and Club02 are a very small part of the cruise experience. If Club02 happens to be strict on your cruise, assure your girls that they won't be the only ones affected; they'll be other kids their age and they'll figure out other things to until their curfew (Camp Carnival usually has activities until 10pm; sometimes they'll have a late night movie, which is still "free" and separate from their after 10pm babysitting).

I found this on Carnival's website for the 12-14 year olds..........sounds like a lot of fun, and opportunities for late night supervised activities too.:D

Camp Carnival makes sure teens have lots of social events with kids their own ages, like dances, talent contests and sports tournaments.

Carnival even has a special shore excursion program designed just for teens. Now your 12- to 14-year-olds can choose from a selection of Camp Carnival recommended tours; they can go as a group to explore many of our exciting destinations with a Camp Carnival chaperone.

If your teen loves to dance, we have great news for them. Every night aboard a Carnival cruise our 12- to 14-year-old guests will have the opportunity to "mix and mingle" at our shipboard dance club from 9:30pm to 10:45pm. After 11:00pm, teens 14 and under can join the youth staff for a variety of activities, such as a late night movie, karaoke or outdoor games.

Other activities for teens include:

• Playstation 2 and IMac time
  • Board games
  • Talent show
  • Trivia games
  • Dance parties
  • ExerSeas - Competitive indoor/outdoor games
  • Ping-Pong tournaments
  • Karaoke

Archived