Sailing tomorrow on Costa Delizioza tomorrow, can’t get a straight answer about port. Help please!

Thorswife59

Hello. We are sailing tomorrow out of Venice Marghera on the Costa Delicioza. First time cruising with Costa. I have called Costa and I have tried to find out exactly where we are supposed to go but they just say “the cruise port at Marghera”  but we had a devil of a time on our GPS finding where is the cruise port is. I put in this address the gave me: Direzione Porto marittimo 30135 marghara terminal passeggeri venezia but it shows up as a Government office not the port. Our plan is to take the train from Santa Lucia station straight to that Marghera station. What we don’t understand is how we get from that station to the ship port. All Costa wanted to do was sell me a transfer and couldn’t seem to give me any information about where to go or what the check in procedure would be. I’ve seen others say that they were ferried over to the ship from the ‘main Venice cruise terminal’ but again I can’t get a straight answer for where that is. 

if you have recently sailed on this ship or another, could you please give me an idea of what the process looks like?  We are thinking that once we get off at the Marghera train station, we would take a taxi or Uber to the port, which is apparently a few miles away. But we’re very confused. 

I should add, we are long time cruisers, we have cruised with pretty much every cruise line out there, including MSC, Cunard, HAL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity and all the others. We have never had such a difficult time getting a straight answer or help getting to the port.  Thanks in advance! 

47 minutes ago, Thorswife59 said:

Hello. We are sailing tomorrow out of Venice Marghera on the Costa Delicioza. First time cruising with Costa. I have called Costa and I have tried to find out exactly where we are supposed to go but they just say “the cruise port at Marghera”  but we had a devil of a time on our GPS finding where is the cruise port is. I put in this address the gave me: Direzione Porto marittimo 30135 marghara terminal passeggeri venezia but it shows up as a Government office not the port. Our plan is to take the train from Santa Lucia station straight to that Marghera station. What we don’t understand is how we get from that station to the ship port. All Costa wanted to do was sell me a transfer and couldn’t seem to give me any information about where to go or what the check in procedure would be. I’ve seen others say that they were ferried over to the ship from the ‘main Venice cruise terminal’ but again I can’t get a straight answer for where that is. 

if you have recently sailed on this ship or another, could you please give me an idea of what the process looks like?  We are thinking that once we get off at the Marghera train station, we would take a taxi or Uber to the port, which is apparently a few miles away. But we’re very confused. 

I should add, we are long time cruisers, we have cruised with pretty much every cruise line out there, including MSC, Cunard, HAL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity and all the others. We have never had such a difficult time getting a straight answer or help getting to the port.  Thanks in advance! 

It looks pretty straightforward to me. Go to Google maps put in the address that you have above and you can see the port and the train station, they look pretty close together.

image.thumb.png.cf619e7b50826b2d94ca77122a34f100.png

2 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

It looks pretty straightforward to me. Go to Google maps put in the address that you have above and you can see the port and the train station, they look pretty close together.

image.thumb.png.cf619e7b50826b2d94ca77122a34f100.png

I’m not sure what train stations you were seeing. I see the Santa Lucia station but the Marghera train station is after that. I also see the people mover but that is not what I’m looking for.

Today we traveled from the Santa Lucia train station in Venice through the Marghera station before arriving at the Mestra train station.  But I need to know how to get from the Santa Lucia station to the new cruise port that apparently Costa sails from. They are not that close to each other. It looks like a couple of miles at least, and we cannot walk that far with luggage and I am in a wheelchair. So hoping that someone who has done this recently can tell me how they got from the train station to the ship. Taxi? Uber? Thanks.

Probably too late to be of any help, but I recall seeing a post a while ago, Marghera is an industrial area with no passenger facilities, you check in at the Venice terminal and are transferred over.

I was in Venice/Mestre a number of years ago. The more I'm hearing, the less I want to go back.