Introduction and question

newgirl

Hi, I just found your forum the other day and I wish I'd found it before our crusie. We sailed two weeks ago on the Fantasy. Although we had a wonderful time (there were three of us as we brought our 10-year-old daughter), I think things would have run a bit smoother had we known some of the things you guys discuss! Thanks

Here is my question...we stayed in a Category 11 suite (we booked a suite over the phone, we didnt' really know much of what the difference would be) and it was great...I loved the balcony. We're already discussing our next cruise and I just discovered theere is a Category 12...what is the dfference between the rooms? How many Category 12 rooms are there and do you have to book far in advance to get them? The only thing we're hoping for is a bit more room (3 of us, remember) and a bathtub, perhaps...

...Oh yeah, I think our next cruise will be on the Conquest.

Hi, I just found your forum the other day and I wish I'd found it before our crusie. We sailed two weeks ago on the Fantasy. Although we had a wonderful time (there were three of us as we brought our 10-year-old daughter), I think things would have run a bit smoother had we known some of the things you guys discuss! Thanks

Here is my question...we stayed in a Category 11 suite (we booked a suite over the phone, we didnt' really know much of what the difference would be) and it was great...I loved the balcony. We're already discussing our next cruise and I just discovered theere is a Category 12...what is the dfference between the rooms? How many Category 12 rooms are there and do you have to book far in advance to get them? The only thing we're hoping for is a bit more room (3 of us, remember) and a bathtub, perhaps...

...Oh yeah, I think our next cruise will be on the Conquest.

First of all realize that there are several different classes of ships.

So, they all have different layouts and cabins.

What is a Category 11 and 12 on one ship, is not the same as a category 11 and 12 on another.

You sailed on Fantasy (which is a Fantasy Class), and now you're looking at Conquest (Conquest Class), which is WAAAY bigger, and totally different. There are tons of balcony cabins on this ship, that are about the same size as the Category 11 on Fantasy. Moving up to Category 9, 11, or 12 on Conquest will be even bigger.

Here's some general info below to give you and idea:

Carnival Ship info:

Conquest Class (952 feet, 2974 guests)– Conquest, Glory, Liberty, Valor

Category 8 = 185 square feet balcony 35 square feet (average)

Category 9a/11 = 275 square feet balcony 65 square feet (average)

Category 12 = 375 square feet balcony 65 square feet (average)

Destiny Class (893 feet, 2758 guests)– Destiny, Triumph, Victory

Spirit Class (963 feet, 2124 guests)– Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle

Fantasy Class (855 feet, 2052 guests)– Fantasy, Ecstasy, Elation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, Sensation

Category 11 = 220 square feet balcony 30 square feet

Category 12 = 330 square feet balcony 70 square feet

Holiday Class (740 feet, 1486 guests)– Holiday, Celebration

Hopefully this info gets you started.

Also, could you pretty please, write a review of your cruise, and especially of your Fantasy Category 11 cabin?

And if you have any pictures of your cabin and view?

We don't have enough reviews of those cabins for people.

Thanks in advance.

Curt Jerome Wild:D

Archived