NCL Star to Copenhagen in October, 2024

Going in October to 10 Day Round Trip London, France, Amsterdam & Denmark and have bought a lot of ship excursions. I recently purchased one for Copenhagen and could only get a late afternoon excursion even though we arrive at 10 am. It is a 4 hour tour but because of sunset around 6 pm, the last hour or so will be in the dark so don’t know if the expense is worth it.

Did consider a taxi back and forth to Nyhavn but worried about returning to ship as read taxis are expensive and wait time can be long.

The port Oceankaj is very industrial and about a 30 minute taxi ride. I did read from threads years ago that Celebrity offered a free shuttle from ship to town center but NCL will say they don’t offer free or any shuttles to city center.

Does anyone that has traveled on NCL and visited the Port of Copenhagen recently know otherwise or could offer any advice? 

Thank you.

Where does your cruise finish? If Copenhagen is just a port of call rather than the disembarkation port then there is a good chance that you will dock at Langelinie, rather than Oceankaj, which is an easy walk to Nyhavn.

Every time we have visited Copenhagen as a port of call we have docked there, but it’s possible that things have changed. It’s worth checking on the port schedules (if you haven’t already).

Edit: just seen it is a round trip from London. Definitely check where you will doc.

Another edit: If it is the Star on 16th October then it looks like it is Oceankaj, which is a pain. We’ve only been there when embarking/disembarking and used public transport. Not particularly fun with bags but I’d imagine fairly easy without. It’s still a bit messy getting to Nyhavn. I’d probably use a taxi if I were in your position. I can comment on the cost.

Edited by KeithJenner

Oceankaj is in an industrial area, but a lot of new residential development has been occurring over the last few years. However, It will still be a pain to get to Nyhavn from Oceankaj without taking a taxi at least to the nearest Metro station…you could walk to the station, but it’s a bit of a hike. If you’re interested in Thomas Dambo trolls, there is one within walking distance from the Oceankaj port. 

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_2767.jpeg

On 9/21/2024 at 4:12 PM, KeithJenner said:

We’ve only been there when embarking/disembarking and used public transport. Not particularly fun with bags but I’d imagine fairly easy without…

👍 Cheers…

Copenhagen has an really excellent Metro system and the Blue Line (think it's Line 2 but it's been awhile) terminates at Orientkaj.  You could take a cab (about 5 minutes) from Oceankaj to the Orientkaj metro stop and then take the train.  Kongens Nytorv is the stop you would want for Nyhavn.  If you are headed to Tivoli or the City Hall area you would want the Kobenhvn H Station (still on the Blue Line).  You would likely get your best answers by posting this question on the Northern Europe board in the Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic.  Also, there may be a shuttle but many cruise lines don't like to say so in advance because it cuts into their ability of sell pricey shore excursions.  It would be a shame to miss most of the day waiting for a 4 PM excursion in such a fun city!

Edited by Travelling2Some