Emerald Princess steam room and sauna

philv

8 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

The complimentary steam and sauna in the locker rooms were removed.  There’s still the coed thermal suite with paid access. 

Oh no! That was one of my favorite amenities on the Grand class ships. 😞 

I hope the showers are still there. I often used after workout in fitness center.

Edited by philv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, philv said:

Oh no! That was one of my favorite amenities on the Grand class ships. 😞 

I hope the showers are still there. I often used after workout in fitness center.

Yes, the changing room still has showers. It seems Princess will be removing the steam and saunas on the Grand class ships, first was the Emerald a couple years ago at dry dock, last year they did it to the Ruby at dry dock. Sapphire is scheduled for dry dock next September, so we will see if the trend continues. 

Explanation has been for ADA compliance and installing accessible treatment rooms for the Spa.

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Yes, the changing room still has showers. It seems Princess will be removing the steam and saunas on the Grand class ships, first was the Emerald a couple years ago at dry dock, last year they did it to the Ruby at dry dock. Sapphire is scheduled for dry dock next September, so we will see if the trend continues. 

Explanation has been for ADA compliance and installing accessible treatment rooms for the Spa.

That’s a shame. Next to the Promenade that’s one of the best features of the Grand class ships. Still had them on the Caribbean Princess when I sailed in March.