Insignia Montreal embarkation terminal 3

bradpole

We are currently onboard Insignia on her round trip Montreal cruise. I wanted to pass on an extremely useful tidbit regarding Insignia’s future embarkations. 

according the port schedule Insignia is scheduled to use Terminal 3 which is outside of town instead of 1,2,or 4 which are right in the old city. According to the port’s website and communication from the port they give directions on how to access Terminal 3 via an entrance off of Pi-IX and Notre Dame. IT IS WRONG!  The entrance is closed for construction!  We had our own car so we didn’t have an expensive taxi meter running like some did, but still very annoying!  We met some that had uber drivers figure out how to access terminal 3 but they seemed in the minority!  

If you are docked at Terminal 3 go to the old city terminal.  You will board a shuttle and be quickly bused to terminal 3.  I wish we had done that first, it would have saved an hour of sitting in traffic!

other than the hat chaos the cruise is great so far!  Any questions ask away!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We disembarked there on Thursday and it was, unfortunately, a mess. A new place for them to berth and hopefully they learned from their mistakes. Ubers were supposed to be permitted to pickup guests, but were denied access. People got their bags, then battled to get into the correct lane. Very long lines for taxis. A rainy morning didn’t help. BUT the cruise was wonderful! I’ll be back!

A Montreal afternoon tea place we discovered that was excellent, a little quirky and creative. Near the Intercontinental, where most of us stayed. Paparmane at 209 rue Notre-Dame Oueste, 514-375-6029, info@paparmanemtl.ca. A treasure!

3 hours ago, MaryNorCal said:

hopefully they learned from their mistakes

One can hope!  Doesn’t surprise me about Ubers being denied access, the port from two different people gave me the same incorrect information for accessing the terminal to drop my husband and luggage off. 

This is the link I was sent, and the same directions from an email from the port which are WRONG. That entrance is closed!

https://www.port-montreal.com/en/map/terminal-3-en

Last night I talked to someone who tried to follow the detour in their family member's car that was posted but in the end were denied access and told to go back to the main terminal and shuttle in. 

22 hours ago, bradpole said:

We are currently onboard Insignia on her round trip Montreal cruise. I wanted to pass on an extremely useful tidbit regarding Insignia’s future embarkations. 

according the port schedule Insignia is scheduled to use Terminal 3 which is outside of town instead of 1,2,or 4 which are right in the old city. According to the port’s website and communication from the port they give directions on how to access Terminal 3 via an entrance off of Pi-IX and Notre Dame. IT IS WRONG!  The entrance is closed for construction!  We had our own car so we didn’t have an expensive taxi meter running like some did, but still very annoying!  We met some that had uber drivers figure out how to access terminal 3 but they seemed in the minority!  

If you are docked at Terminal 3 go to the old city terminal.  You will board a shuttle and be quickly bused to terminal 3.  I wish we had done that first, it would have saved an hour of sitting in traffic!

other than the hat chaos the cruise is great so far!  Any questions ask away!  

Yes it was confusing.