Just back! Our AZA-tastic 7 day France Intensive cruise aboard the Azamara Quest! September 21 - 28, 2024

Sleep7

6 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Wallet or purse? 😀

🙋‍♀️Hi fellow shopper!

I ended up getting the wallet.  I loved the purse as it was very simple and the shoulder strap made it easy to wear but I chose the wallet because that I will use all the time instead of just every so often.  When I pull it out will make me smile every day as a reminder of this delightful vacation.🥰

• Like 6

Ajaccio is a lovely town. We had been there on a previous Azamara cruise a few years ago and enjoyed just strolling around.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TTf6dQTsdrsBOcQCM1Td0PaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727612228

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SlSTWMNygMtZ3Wjk8DgkPHV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727614876

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SiDYwGFeBV6KkHh1xp5vC3VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727612207

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SlrGHf-SIjMza55V4sH8KVKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727612200

📷I like laundry pictures too..

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QWj2y89uby_2nC7HLKu7IMaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727612237

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Rc3iA5uu_Qom7hJutYZj9OldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727612208

Edited by Sleep7
I wanted to add a picture.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sleep7 said:

🙋‍♀️Hi fellow shopper!

I ended up getting the wallet.  I loved the purse as it was very simple and the shoulder strap made it easy to wear but I chose the wallet because that I will use all the time instead of just every so often.  When I pull it out will make me smile every day as a reminder of this delightful vacation.🥰

The purse was a classic!  However, I probably would have talked myself out of it and selected the wallet because it would get more use, too!  ❤️

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

👋Good morning LoveChops!

What a funny coincidence that you are staying in 8070! I loved the cabin! It's so easy to find.. the last one on the right.😊

Before we had left I did read reviews that said it was noisy because of the location under Windows Cafe bus station as Phil showed.  I tried to change it but since the ship was sold out I couldn't.

Turned out that the scraping noises which I found few and far between didn't bother me at all.. and I'm somebody that if somebody is crunching on popcorn loudly in movie I want to strangle them!😉

I found 8070 to be perfect!  And Mark and Robert I'm assuming will still be working in 10 days are the nicest.  Please tell them we say hello.

You will just love Azamara! Each day is better than the next until it's time to go home.

As I always say it's the perfect mix of fancy and down to earth.  The nicest crew and the nicest passengers too.  Amazing food and plentiful drinks and such a warm "at home" feeling while you are sailing.

The White Night is usually around the middle of the week and they will let you know when you fet on board.  Same with the Azamara evening too.

Have the BEST time ever!!!  Any more questions please feel free to ask.. I'm always happy to answer and there are also a lot of way more seasoned Azamara fans on this board that will be happy to answer too.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!

Oh! P.S. Thank you for the well wishes and your kind words. I truly appreciate them.💗

Hi again

Just a couple more questions.

What time were you able to board the ship?

Where did you make reservations for Prime C and Aqualina and did you have any issues getting a table at your preferred time? We like to eat relatively early, 6.30pm. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, LoveChops said:

Hi again

Just a couple more questions.

What time were you able to board the ship?

Where did you make reservations for Prime C and Aqualina and did you have any issues getting a table at your preferred time? We like to eat relatively early, 6.30pm. 

Thank you!

👋🏻Good morning LoveChops!

Always happy to answer questions..

RE boarding the ship.. Our flight from NY landed at 11:45 the morning of the cruise so we didn't  get to the pier until almost 1:00pm.  We checked right right away and boarded the ship but the cabins were not available until about 1:45.  In the meantime we had our safety demonstration and had lunch.

As far as the restaurant reservations.. we are early eaters too and that helped us and will help you too as far as availability.  I could have been a lot more proactive about securing reservations when we got on board but didn't want to tie ourselves down to a certain time in case we ate a big lunch or the buffet looked particularly good that evening.  If eating in the specialty restaurants is something you want to do every evening then I would definitely speak to your butler asap and have him make your reservations  the first day of your cruise.😊

• Thanks 1

Enjoyed the morning "talk show" presented daily by Martin and Lee.

We had the pleasure of meeting Lee in 2019 where he ran the funniest game of BINGO we have ever experienced... still laughing about it to this day.  :classic_laugh:

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TLuVqhz13rw1DtwoRd_7dtKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727614897

There was the Régates Royales Cannes taking place that week. We saw many beautiful sailboats in the harbor from the tender.  Wasn't close enough to the open doors to get any good pictures though.😕

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TOlz_NblBx87fnwDnhVu-tUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727614903

Other sights from around Cannes..

We have 3 daughters so anything pink that comes in 3's always has caught my eye.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TWHo7_zLxxAPMkPbWWBQM6VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727614929

And we happened upon this Kosher supermarket.  Unfortunately with security needed in front.🙁

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Q6Iqq04tNslLhT33xm45374xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727614929

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SKBkRSj5jpGvP9AS0eqV0Z5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727614927

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TUylHX6gBMlSxsQmA2ssfWV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727614942

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sleep7 said:

If eating in the specialty restaurants is something you want to do every evening then I would definitely speak to your butler asap and have him make your reservations  the first day of your cruise.

This I would strongly recommend NOT to do. The butlers do not have a «free-pass» to the speciality restaurant’s booking system and it would take them just as long time to get a reservation for you as it would if you did it yourself. This being the busiest day of the cruise for the butlers and room attendants is not the time to be THAT needy customer. Please. 

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 2