Princess vs Norwegian

Abiding

7 hours ago, moviegal said:

the horrible changes that NCL announced this morning. 

Could you please elaborate as to what were the horrible changes in your opinion?  I saw that some liquors that were only in the upgraded level were now in the basic, all of the specialty venues are now flat priced instead of some being a la carte and the included specialty venues were being increased for one week cruises.  These all sound like positive changes to me.

2 hours ago, Mississippian said:

The so-called "Atrium" on the two NCL ships I've been on has consisted of a giant-screen TV with trivia questions, a bunch of chairs pointing to the TV, and guest services. The barstools at the bar were frequently removed to keep anyone from sitting there. It seems to be a terribly thought out design.

Cruise on one of the Prima Class ships, the Prima or Viva or the new Prima Plus Class ship, the Aqua.  Totally different than the rest of their fleet.  The Indulge Food Hall is great.

2 hours ago, justjan2 said:

Just returned from a 16 day Hawaiian cruise on Ruby Princess. NCL food is so much better. Show, so much better. Drinks included with the drink package or "Princess Plus" much better on NCL. The only reason we chose the Princess cruise was the itinerary from Vancouver. Will Never cruise with Princess again.

LOL.  If you think that the drink package on NCL is better than Princess Plus, please explain.  NCL's doesn't include bottled water, or espresso based coffee drinks, or fresh squeezed juices for starters and has substantially inferior choices of alcohol that you need to upgrade to their higher level package to get compared to the Plus choices 

2 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Could you please elaborate as to what were the horrible changes in your opinion?  I saw that some liquors that were only in the upgraded level were now in the basic, all of the specialty venues are now flat priced instead of some being a la carte and the included specialty venues were being increased for one week cruises.  These all sound like positive changes to me.

The "More At Sea" comes at a substantially higher price, and people who have priced out cruises since it has been introduced say it has increased fares by several hundred dollars. Many of us purchased the FAS+ so we could get the unlimited Internet, two additional specialty dinners, and pretty much any wine or spirit we wanted. I really liked being able to have a nice glass of decent champagne at dinner, and most of the wines are pretty bad, so it was nice to have an "upscale" wine. Now we are being told that More At Sea is going to include a lot of fancy wines, but notice that we aren't being given their names. I just think for me, and the way I have cruised, it is a substantial downgrade.