Any advice from those technologically gifted?

My new laptop is 12 months old - Dell XPS Windows 11, Duck Duck Go search engine. The number of times I have been able to access the Seabourn website I can count on two fingers during that period. It won't let me log in -"something went wrong, try again later"; if I go try to search for a cruise - "some error occurred, please try again later". Infuriating. I cannot recall any changed environment on the few occasions I have been successful. On contact Seabourn has confirmed no website issues they are aware of at their end, our concierge contact has said the experience can be "variable" and "problematic" at times. 

No problem on the ipad. 

For so many activities, the laptop is my preference, particularly for typing.

Any comment on whether it's my system and if so anything I should look at. Windows 11 does have a fit with some apps and won't recognise them, but this is access via the website.

Thanks in advance.

@BasandSyb: I've had similar/same issue.  Initially occurred on just one device around 3 months ago but can longer see pricing for any cruise on five different devices.  Nothing changes when I try different browsers, granted I have only tried four different ones.  Have called Seabourn and got the same response as you.  Once they said they have noted it for IT and will get back to me.  That was 3 months ago.  Still waiting for a call back lol.

Oddly enough, I am out of the country this week, and have no problem seeing pricing for any SB publicly published itinerary.  Guessing when I return home I will get "try again later" ... blah, blah, blah.  Very frustrating.

Thank you Princess Traveller. I no longer feel alone.

I also tried different browsers with the same result. That's why I thought it may be a windows 11 firewall thing that something on the Seabourn site was triggering. However, the firewall usually reject loading a site in total. Seabourn I can get in, but just can't do anything. 

What did I ever do with my time before BD (before devices)?

• Haha 1

I'm pretty technically savvy.  This issue with SB's website has puzzled me.  But since I'm out of my home county and have no issue viewing itinerary pricing, I can confirm the problem is not me nor two of my five devices.  Granted, I only brought two on the trip, but pretty sure the others would show pricing too 😡.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 9:18 PM, BasandSyb said:

My new laptop is 12 months old - Dell XPS Windows 11, Duck Duck Go search engine. The number of times I have been able to access the Seabourn website I can count on two fingers during that period. It won't let me log in -"something went wrong, try again later"; if I go try to search for a cruise - "some error occurred, please try again later". Infuriating. I cannot recall any changed environment on the few occasions I have been successful. On contact Seabourn has confirmed no website issues they are aware of at their end, our concierge contact has said the experience can be "variable" and "problematic" at times. 

No problem on the ipad. 

For so many activities, the laptop is my preference, particularly for typing.

Any comment on whether it's my system and if so anything I should look at. Windows 11 does have a fit with some apps and won't recognise them, but this is access via the website.

Thanks in advance.

Hi BasandSyb:

I am sitting at home with my Dell XPS, Windows 11, using Firefox as browser and Duck Duck Go as search engine, and I can get to everything on Seabourn's site without any issues.  I often check when someone on CC mentions it isn't working, but it usually works for me.

The only thing I can think to try is clearing your history and cookies, quitting, then restarting your browser.   I usually set up the browser to dump all that junk when I close it. 

It is also possible your System Security app is getting in the way.

Occasionally I get and error when looking at the Voyage Tracker, but I come back later and it is fine.  My guess is that they were uploading at the time?

DT

I confess to limited technical abilities, but wonder if your being in Australia is causing problems. When traveling, I have had trouble with websites that load their .uk or .de domain instead of their usual .com addresses.

9 hours ago, DTtravelers said:

Hi BasandSyb:

I am sitting at home with my Dell XPS, Windows 11, using Firefox as browser and Duck Duck Go as search engine, and I can get to everything on Seabourn's site without any issues.  I often check when someone on CC mentions it isn't working, but it usually works for me.

The only thing I can think to try is clearing your history and cookies, quitting, then restarting your browser.   I usually set up the browser to dump all that junk when I close it. 

It is also possible your System Security app is getting in the way.

Occasionally I get and error when looking at the Voyage Tracker, but I come back later and it is fine.  My guess is that they were uploading at the time?

DT

Thanks DT. I just tried that and managed to log in. However:

* It displayed a default range of cruises. When I went to search I got the error message again.

* In checking my account it tells me I have no bookings (there should be two) and provides very limited access.

I'm starting to think it's more on the Seabourn side. Yes, the Windows system security app is annoying and does block some sites, but it usually has a pop up which

tells me.

Heavy sigh. Will finalise our guest registration on the ipad!

8 hours ago, whogo said:

I confess to limited technical abilities, but wonder if your being in Australia is causing problems. When traveling, I have had trouble with websites that load their .uk or .de domain instead of their usual .com addresses.

Hi Whogo

I don't normally have those issues. The Seabourn site is the only one playing up with me and I can usually log in whether it's the US site or the Australian derivative. I wondered if my always on VPN was doing something, but no.

It's very frustrating and annoying. Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi @BasandSyb,

I'm back home and tried to view SB cruise pricing on the same device I could see all itinerary pricing recently in a different country.  Back to no pricing visibility again 😞.  No issues at home viewing other cruise lines' pricing including Regent, Oceania and HAL (another Carnival line).

I've only experienced this problem for the past 3 months or so.  No issues prior.  Drives me nuts! 

• Like 1