Port Talk

Marc Silver

Nice work , might incorporate the garifuna culture and history as it is a big part of belize

The Garifuna People Of Belize

Also the Belize zoo is a phenomenal way to see the animals of Belize.  It is a rescue zoo and only contains native Belizean animals.  It's about an hour drive from the port and they have a 2-3 hour private tour up to 10 people in which you can feed some of the animals and the guide feeds the cats so you see them up close.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Nice work , might incorporate the garifuna culture and history as it is a big part of belize

The Garifuna People Of Belize

Also the Belize zoo is a phenomenal way to see the animals of Belize.  It is a rescue zoo and only contains native Belizean animals.  It's about an hour drive from the port and they have a 2-3 hour private tour up to 10 people in which you can feed some of the animals and the guide feeds the cats so you see them up close.  

Good to know, Due to space issues and that I planned to do each talk as a ship presentation, I had to limit the length. Believe me, I left out a lot.

• Like 1

It sounded pretty good to me.  About the only thing that might be helpful would be adding if taxis or shuttle buses or decent public transportation is available right at the port, plus a tiny bit about just what is at or in the port.  Of course, a lot of that can change rapidly, and in Belize City, it's possible very little of that is readily available, so may be hard to include.

I love that you recommend taking port agent info when you go off the ship.Many cruisers don't even know what a port agent is, or how that person could help them.