Cab Fare from OAK to SFO Pier

Lorabelle

I assume you are flying into Oakland on SouthWest Airlines. Many people do this since flying into SFO is much more expensive. I took a taxi from Oakland airport to downtown SFO and it was fairly expensive. It's been a while but as I recall it was $35-$40.

If you have at least two people, it's still usually cheaper and easier than taking ships transfers.

Hi Lorabelle -

If you really want to be economical, you can take BART from Oak to SF and then just get a cab once you are in the city.

From baggage claim, just walk across to the Air BART stop. It cost $2 per person to take the shuttle to the BART station - about a 10 minute ride.

From there, buy a ticket... I think it's $2.25 a person to SF. - takes about 15 minutes.

Get on a San Francisco bound train and get off at Embarcadero. That is the first BART station in SF. From there, it will be easy to take a cab to the pier.

Here's their website: www.bart.gov

If you have tons of luggage, it might not be worth the hassle for you to take a train, but if you are coming at a busy time, this might be quicker than taking a cab... and definitely cheaper.

I will preface this with I am a big rail fan. BUT, I have taken BART from OAK to Embarcadero several times. I would never do it with anything more than carryon luggage. Also after you take the AirBART shuttle from OAK to the BART Colosseum station, the station is elevated so your taking an elevator and the ticket vending machines are no that easy to negotiate.

I more recently have opted for a limo. Lasttime it was about $60 plus tip to get to Fisherman's Wharf from OAK, which is a little farther than the pier. More comfort and more room for luggage than a taxi. I have used Flavia Limo (flavialimo.com) and have been pleased with her service.

Regards

My last experience with shuttles was several years ago, so maybe it's better now. When we wanted a shuttle from OAK to our hotel in San Francisco, we had to queue up and take whatevere the next shuttle in line was. The curbside expediter was definitley large and in charge. We got an off brand. Had to make a stop in Oakland, and at UC Berkley before ours. We were his last stop. Driver was also horrible. My wife had to yell at him several times to watch the road and to slow down. He was very taken with the UC student and spent more time turned aroung talking to her than watching the road. That was our last shuttle experience there. At the time you could reserve Super Shuttle for pick up at your hotel, but you had to take potluck at the airport. Like I said, maybe it has changed.

Regards

Archived