Calling all recent Rhapsody cruisers......

I'm trying to get the whole time zone thing straight. Did the ship stay on Central Time or change times depending on the port? There's a tour in Cozumel we want to take and it begins at 9am. We are scheduled to drop anchor at 9am. Does Cozumel observe daylight savings time? If so, then they'd be the same time, correct?

Please tell me about the tendering in Coz. What time were you able to be off the ship? How long a process is it?

Thanks for your help!

I was on the Rhapsody in January and we stopped in Cozumel. The seas were rough that day but it took over an hour from the time the tendering process started til I was onshore and I was on the first tender. It was even worse than that in Grand Cayman where I would say about 2-2 1/2 hours after the process started I was onshore. I think there is a real good chance that you will miss your excursion even if your excursion starts an hour after you are scheduled to arrive in port. If it were me I would find something else just so I wouldn't have to stress about making it by a certain time... jmo

I was on the Rhapsody last week and Cozumel was on central time which is ship time. I do not know if Cozumel changes to daylight savings time however. If they don't then your ship time would be an hour ahead fo the local time.

Tendering was slow. The Rhapsody only used two tenders, a double decker and a triple decker which held 500 people. I would suggest getting to the tender as soon as you can. I can't recall about Cozumel but at Grand Cayman we were there so early they had an open tendering time from 7-7:45 am when anyone could board a tender. We didn't have too much trouble getting off the ship but it took me an hour from the time I got in line to reboard at 4 pm to the time I got to me state room at 5pm. Those big tenders just take forever to load and unload.

Does Cozumel observe daylight savings time? If so, then they'd be the same time, correct?
They do, and you are correct. In Mexico and Canada (as in the US):

Standard Time:

GMT-6

until 1st Sunday in April 02:00 Local

Daylight Savings Time: GMT-5

until last Sunday in October 02:00 Local

Archived