Acropolis Parthenon disability handicap entrance

TxNight

I wanted to give a better and updated description on this entrance since I didn't find specific detail before we went.

My husband walks with a cane due to a bad knee and has difficulty with steps. 

We bought our tickets online and arrived early to give us time to figure out where to go. They let us in 15 minutes before our scheduled time. No need to call or show proof of disability. So my husband with his cane was enough.

The entrance for disability is at the main exit (pictures) just north of the main entrance on the west side of the acropolis. It feels like you might need to fight the people exiting the acropolis. Just wait for gaps in the groups and stay to the left of the exit turnstiles. It seems like nobody is around but once you get there a guard comes out of a small white building. She scanned us in and we walking a small distance up a slope to the transportation vehicle. (Picture). The transport vehicles can hold 5 max at a time or less if carrying wheelchair also.  The ride probably wasn't more then 5 minutes but saved us a lot of walking up and down hills. We then arrived at the elevator(picture). They will take a max of 4 people at a time. Overall a quick process.

20241010_121315.jpg

20241010_121311.jpg

20241010_104604.jpg

20241010_105355.jpg