Tips for 1st timers

Donsyb

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

I would encourage your in laws to book 'Fixed Dining' for evening meals. More of a premium service when able to walk straight to a dedicated table and be welcomed by your dedicated wait staff .

We have done this yes.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

That is why we like and prefer to book Britannia Club or a Grill Restaurant on our sailings.

We do prefer continuity doing our sailings not to say will vary our other sites on board to dine during our trips. We look forward to entering and exchanging greetings at each meal.

Our preferences..... 

we booked quite late so none of those were available!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Donsyb said:

The sailing does also pick up in Le Havre, so assuming there will be a few French on there!

Normally this means there will be (a) quite a strong French presence onboard and (b) the front desk in Britannia will have a flag on their screen to indicate that should they wish to share a table, it will be with other people who are deemed to speak French. I know this since I sometimes board from Hamburg, and I look a bit German, and end up trying to drag up the dregs of schoolboy German as the token Brit on my table.  There will be a cut down version of the Programme with some activities which aren't so language dependent (dance lessons) and some activities which are Francophone (for example a French language film, sometimes even French language lectures). Then finally there will be a Francophone host at a desk for 3 - 4 hours a day able to sort out things that may be complex (restaurant bookings, account queries). That would be mentioned in the programme, and the desk is often close to the Voyage Sales Office on Deck 2.