Sky suites on Mercury

Champagne

Good morning, I was hoping some experienced cruisers could help me out. I just booked two suites on the Mercury for an upcoming Alaska cruise; my parents in a sky suite on the Sky deck and myself in a sky suite on the Penthouse deck. Since they were the last two suites we had no choice on location. My questions are 1.) Is it true that the balconies are different sizes and the rooms are different on the two decks? 2.) Will my butler service be less if I'm in between a Penthouse suite and a royal suite, due to the butler giving more attention to the larger rooms. 3.)I usually stay in inside suites on lower decks, due to the fact that my husband gets sea sick when the ship is in choppy water. Will the ship move a lot more up on the penthouse deck? I really would appreciate any ones experience. Thank you.:rolleyes:

Champagne,

We Were In A Sky Suite On Sky Deck On The Mercury. The Decks Are Definitly Larger Than The Penthouse Deck. I Believe The Rooms Are The Same. We Loved The Location!!! We Also Stayed In A Sky Suite On Penthouse Deck On The Century. The Butler Service Was Excellant. I Think There May Be Different Butlers For The Larger Suites.

We Have Never Had A Problem With Sea-sickness. I Think If You Are More Mid-ship That Helps.

Hope You Have A Great Time!!!!

Verandahs on sky deck SS cabins are between 150-180 sq. ft. (depending on which verandah you have - some have "cut-outs").

SS verandahs on Penthouse decks are, I believe, around 60 sq. ft.

As you can see - big difference. Square footage of the room itself is the same, however - 244 sq. ft.

You will receive the same attention from your butler as those occupying the bigger, more expensive suites.

Your husband should be fine on that higher deck - provided you are located reasonably midship.

Thanks for the responses; I'm glad my parents got the sky deck. I think they will really enjoy the large veranda. Plus it sounds huge, enough space for everyone. I'm really excited about cruising on Mercury I have been on the older ships, Horizon and Zenith. Mercury appears have more amenities. :o

Archived