If you've been to Aruba, I have a question......

gowolfpack

Hubby and I want to do the all day ABC jeep tour (9am - 5pm) and then also the Kukoo Kanuku party bus tour that evening. KK departs at 5:45pm. Will we actually have time to do both or should we opt for the 1/2 day ABC tour???

My group did the Kukoo bus trip on 2 separate cruises. It still remains a highlight of both trips. Since I had 35 persons we had the owners customize the trip to our schedule so that we were back by the 10pm time. I worked with Lula @ K K via email, she made sure everything was just as I wanted it. I would recommend that you ask to spend more time at the Kukoo house rather than one of the bars called La Rhonda as it was not the best. The Kukoo house was lots of fun with great drinks and dancing right on the beach. E me if you need more info

Festivale 1984
Holiday 1988
Tropicale 1989
Festivale 1990
Tropicale 1992
Holiday 1994
Inspiration 1996
Celebration 1998
Inspiration 2000
Elation 2001
Destiny 2002
Glory 4/24/04
Spirit 11/9/04

• 6 months later...
Frequent Floater: I have a big group going on the Destiny and I was thinking about the Kukoo Kunuku shore tour and you had suggested getting it on our own. Was it that much cheaper and do you think that everyone would enjoy that more than just going to Carlos and Charlies. My son was thinking that Carlos and Charlies would be more fun. Please give me your opinion. Also, I do have a big group. Do they just have one bus?

Frequent Floater: I have a big group going on the Destiny and I was thinking about the Kukoo Kunuku shore tour and you had suggested getting it on our own. Was it that much cheaper and do you think that everyone would enjoy that more than just going to Carlos and Charlies. My son was thinking that Carlos and Charlies would be more fun. Please give me your opinion. Also, I do have a big group. Do they just have one bus?

Well, the Kukoo tour is great......I wouldnt want to miss it either but wanted to do jeep tour as well.....As soon as you get off the ship their is a jeep rental on your right. When we were there, we got off the ship rented a jeep for the day for about 90 bucks and went to all the sites on our own...we had a great time driving around the island....We went to the Natural Bridge, the Lighthouse and all the other sites....we drove from one end of the island to the other and everywhere in between.....We stopped and ate a late lunch of fish and fritters dropped off the jeep stopped at C and C's then off to the Kukoo.....more than enough time to do it all if you go on your own.....

Having been to Aruba several times I would say that the jeep tour is fun BUT>>if it is an open air jeep it will be very dusty and hot! WE opted for a small car with Air and were glad we did. Please know that renting a jeep on your own and driving on the other side of the island is not that easy. There is nothing there if you get stuck. The roads are dirt, lots of large rocks etc. If you see a tour you can just follow them but otherwise there are no signs, maps etc. It is desolate and uninhabited due to the coastline. You are virtually on your own unless you go with the ship tour. 1/2 day is plenty. Be sure to get the insurance because there are lots of flat tires!!! Just thought I would explain what it really is.

We also rented our own jeeps when we went to Aruba about 3 years ago. I booked two jeeps on line before we went. It was like $50 ea. for the whole day. They picked us up at the pier and took us back when we were done. There was plenty of time to see all of the sites. It's a little different driving on the other side of the island because it's all two track roads. If you just head for the light house then start on the backside. It will seem a little weird at first because you won't think you're going the right way. Just keep going you find all the tourist spots. This was one of the best times we have ever had at a port. Just use your head while driving stay on the paths and you won't have any problems....

I believe they have at least 2 buses. Just email them and tell them how many you have and what want to do. Lula helped me put a custom trip together both times. You will need to start before sunset to fit it all in and be back to the ship on time. I would suggest the following route. Champagne toast at the lighthouse, dinner at the Minister of Protocals home, Kukoo house (their own beach front bar and dance floor) really fun and I would spend more time there than going to La Rhonda a local bar in town that was not a pleasant smelling place. I think we stopped at another local bar which wasn't bad. Our second trip was every bit as fun as our first.
E me with any other questions.

Archived