Infinity - Aft Cabin Deck 9

sfilbert

I was able to get a Family Verandah Stateroom on Deck 9 of Infinity. This cabin is directly under the Grill eating area. Somewhere I read that Deck 9 you hear the employees dragging chairs and tables early in the morning.

Anyone have any comments for this stateroom?

You may hear some movement of furniture in the AM. Also in the evening you will hear the guiterist playig and singing. It can be good or bad depending on what the's doing and you own personal taste.

Neither of these things should be a major problem. You have a great cabin ... enjoy it.

I have stayed in one of these cabins for 2 weeks on Millie and never hear a peep. I will be staying in one next week for 12 days. Deck 9 is just fine with me. Besides, I would take a little bit of noise (not that there is any) for that magnificent view!

We were in 9201, right next to the family cabin and we loved the location. There was some noise from furniture above being moved, but it didn't bother us at all. We did hear the guiterist playig and singing in the evening and would sometimes sit on our balcony to listen.

Take a look at some of our pictures of the wake and the sunset, taken from our balcony. This is proof of how wonderful the aft cabins are.

http://community.webshots.com/album/547735612zpONhe

sue

I know I'm in the minority - but I stayed in 9162 (I think it was) on a 2 week S. America cruise - and would never book the 9th deck aft again. There was a lot of noise from the furniture movement above, starting around 7am and lasting until midnight or shortly thereafter. The bar and deck above were very popular (and rightly so) from morning till night. For a week I could probably deal with it, but not for anything longer.

We did hear the guiterist playig and singing in the evening and would sometimes sit on our balcony to listen.

If it's the same guy they had on the 2/26 sailing, bring your earplugs. I have perfect pitch, and I swear he didn't tune his guitar correctly the entire week. That, and he butchered every Jimmy Buffet song he played, which I had previously thought impossible. :D

We were on the Millennium 15 day South America cruise and stayed in the aft cabin #9162. We absolutely loved the extra room on the verandah, enjoyed the music from the bar upstair. We would sit on the verandah before dinner drinking wine, enjoying the view and the music.

The only negative was when they cleaned the floors from the above grill/bar in the early morning, the water would come down on our verandah. So just make sure your lounge chairs, chair, and table are not close to the railing, because they will get wet with the stuff being mopped up from upstairs. Gross!!!:eek:

I would hear the chairs being moved in the early morning, but it really didn't bother me.

You really have a great room, enjoy!

We were in 9162 last May in the Med. Spoiled us for life. Huge veranda - lovely guitar music until 10:30 or 11:00 P.M. each evening - loved lounging on the veranda with a glass of wine listening to the guy on deck 10 above playing for "us".

Only problem - and it wasn't a problem after the first morning: they hose down the Windjammer deck above early in the morning and if the lounge chairs were left too near the railing - they would get wet. So at night, we'd remember (after finishing off the wine!) to pull them up toward the door to keep them dry.

We've only stayed on Deck 9 on X cruises - all CC category and never been put off by any noise early in the morning. However, snagging 9162 for the Med. was the icing on the cake....now we try to book our X cruises around availability of the aft cabins - and on Deck 9 - it's just a hop, skip and jump up to the Windjammer for coffee, etc. when ever.....

NOT A THING AT ALL WRONG WITH THE AFT CABINS ON ANY OF THE M CLASS SHIPS.

And the views from that veranda are to die for.....

Sue,

Thank you for the pictures, your husband and you looking very dashing in your pictures.

You actually saw a yacht sink?

Thanks Sea Fan and sfilbert!!

Yes, it was a 75ft yacht that sank. The sea was very rough that day and although we don't know, we think it sank because of the high waves. It was a very sad sight to see, but it was a relief when the Captain announced that everyone on the yacht had been saved by "the US Coast Guard, the best Coast Guard in the world".

sue

If it's the same guy they had on the 2/26 sailing, bring your earplugs. I have perfect pitch, and I swear he didn't tune his guitar correctly the entire week. That, and he butchered every Jimmy Buffet song he played, which I had previously thought impossible. :D

On our sailing he did alot of Beatles songs and sounded very good. If he was off, DH would of known, he knows his music.

sue

.....and enough wine: who cares if he's out of key. If he was the one playing this past May in the Med.......he was good. But then again: we were sharing a bottle of wine purchased in Nice and very comfy on our padded lounge chairs, with our robes and bare feet..... and the view as we were leaving France was, in a word: spectacular. The guitar player simply added to the wonder of it all....

Whoops - sorry: I'm referring to the guitar player on Millie - not Infinity.

I know I'm in the minority - but I stayed in 9162 (I think it was) on a 2 week S. America cruise - and would never book the 9th deck aft again. There was a lot of noise from the furniture movement above, starting around 7am and lasting until midnight or shortly thereafter. The bar and deck above were very popular (and rightly so) from morning till night. For a week I could probably deal with it, but not for anything longer.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH.........I booked cabin 9160 for the South America cruise next December! You have me scared now!

Archived