How Many Martini Tastings On Mercury?

tarheelmjfan

We'll be sailing on Mercury for the 1st time next week. I'm wondering how many martini tastings they normally offer on a typical 10 night cruise. We were on Infinity last June, & there was only one. On Century in Nov., there was 3. If there's only 1, I want to be sure to make it that night. :D TIA :)

Can't tell you about the Mercury, but when we were on the Infinity in January, there were multiple tastings. In addition, it strikes me that I read something in the cruise daily that the tastings were available most evenings at the Martini Bar.

Anyone else have a similar recollection?

Art

We'll be sailing on Mercury for the 1st time next week. I'm wondering how many martini tastings they normally offer on a typical 10 night cruise. We were on Infinity last June, & there was only one. On Century in Nov., there was 3. If there's only 1, I want to be sure to make it that night. :D TIA :)

You can count me in Tammy!!!

Kim,

Sounds like the Martini Bar is going to be the "happening" place to be. :p

Michelle,

Have you read my post on the Roll Call concerning my previous martini experience. I felt very much the same way, until I had a martini on X. :D Although, some of theirs were a bit too strong also. :eek:

Sherry,

That's what I'm trying to find out. :D There's been several people who have gone on Mercury cruises recently. Hopefully, they'll chime in soon. listen.gif

Art,

Interesting info! It would be great, if they offered the tasting all the time. We'll have to inquire about that.

Judy,

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, we'll have at least 2 to choose from.

I am looking forward to my April 17th sailing on Mercury and the martini tasting. We sailed on Mercury two years ago and the martini tasting was on the first night only from 6pm to 8pm. We were served five or six different martinis in little cordial glasses. it was wonderful since there were six in our group and they could barely fit all the glasses on the table. It was one of the highlights of our cruise and I would definitely recommednd it to everyone. We will be there on the 17th enjoying our sampling.

Carolyn

Here is the bottom half of the last page of the new Martini Bar menu. It says "Fleet 11/05" All the ships should have this "Martini Flight" available every night.

Sorry it's not that readable! Later I'll crop it and enlarge the Martini Flight part.

1225754267_MartiniFlight(Custom).JPG.cf6adcd32e2b844eca4987ea214328c3.JPG

Thanks, Char :) You always know all the answers. :D So, it has gone up to $9.50. That's still a great deal! $6.50 was a steal!!! :p The flights sound very similar to the ones we had on Century. I don't remember the choc. one being a choc./van. combo though. That may be an improvement. That choc. one was potent. :eek: I just can't figure out what we're going to do with all the cds. :o

Thanks, Char You always know all the answers. :D So, it has gone up to $9.50. That's still a great deal! $6.50 was a steal!!! The flights sound very similar to the ones we had on Century. I don't remember the choc. one being a choc./van. combo though. That may be an improvement. That choc. one was potent. :eek: I just can't figure out what we're going to do with all the cds.

Hey Tammy :D

The CDs would make nice gifts! Christmas,birthday etc. :p

I have cropped the menu so it's just the Martini Flight section. Let's see if it's any more readable!

551321315_MartiniFlightcrop6(Custom).JPG.ab5005228a9e3f06848e317a3fbae667.JPG

I did this in January. The choc/vanilla one was the second most potent. I've had chocolate martinis before and I thought this one was horrible. It was a fun thing to do though and a great price concidering that it cost about the same for one regular sized martini. You get a table mat with 6 little martinis. The mat has the name of the martini and what is in it. I didn't receive the CD but I had ordered it last year after someone posted the web site on the Princess board. It's from Van Gogh Vodkas. It was free and one of those little CDs.

Specifically to the the original question, I was on Mercury in Feb, the only Martini tasting was the FIRST night, so you have to know to get there then. It is 6 types for $9.50 +tip. I think it was only from 6-8pm, I remember we had to buy ours before our second seating dinner. I did not know about the Flight, so I cannot say if it was available then. Check the daily when you board.

They also had a margarita tasting later in the cruise for $9.50.

Well 6-8pm is during main dinner seating so that lets me out. Maybe we will have to meet for the "Martini Flight" some time. Or maybe the Margarita tasting will be at a different time.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

I think it's odd that the tasting is offered at a time when main seating can't attend. :confused: We do late seating, but they had 2 times on our Infinity & Century cruises. The flights sound very similar to the tastings, so we'll create our own tasting at a time when everyone can attend. :) I could possibly be persuaded to attend more than 1. :D

I've been thinking about the Margarita tasting. Kenneth & I usually avoid margaritas, mostly because we're not big fans of tequila. We'll have to try it once anyway. It wouldn't seem right to go to the Mexican Riviera & not have a margarita. :p I'll need one of you guys to distract him, while I put the ones I don't like in his glass. :cool:

My wife and I enjoyed reading the comments on the Martini Tastings. I will indicate what our experience has been. Our first Tasting was on a Summit sailing in December 2003. At that time they served 5 different martinis in very small glasses. We enjoyed that very much. But as indicated on this thread, it was during early seating - 6:00 to 8:00. We missed it during our Alaska cruise on the Infinity in 2004, because we had early seating. On the Panama Canal cruise on Summit in December 2005 it was also on the first evening between 6:00 and 8:00. We also missed it as we were on the early seating again. During our Cruise Connection get together a day or so later, we brought up the fact that early dinner guests don't get to go to the Martini Tasting. The Cruise Director promised us, after several requested a second Tasting, that we would get a second one - between 5:00 and 6:00 - in the following few days. We did get it. As someone indicated the one in 2003 was $6.95, but this latest one was $9.95. However, instead of 5 different ones we had 6 and the glasses were quite a bit larger. If you get a chance to experience this, don't miss it! I suggest that you make the request to the Cruise Director at the Cruise Connection party to have one prior to the early sitting.

Cheers!

Archived