Carnival Conquest May 29-Jun 4

kingair157

Carnival Conquest May 29-Jun 4 Our first!

We're booked on this cruise! I read some great reviews and my family and I are looking forward to a good time.

I have some questions. Can you help me?

We're booked on the Empress deck, toward the back of the ship. Any advantages or disadvantages?

We're taking two thirteen year olds. How do we keep up with their location? (concerned about their safety?

Is it better/cheaper to book shore excursions prior to sailing?

Any other information is helpful.

Thanks a lot. Dan

Dan - On booking shore excursions, I don't think there's a price differential between booking online before you sail and booking aboard the ship. However, booking ahead of time ensures your choice of excursion and keeps you from standing in line at the shore excursion desk (if the in-cabin booking isn't available). We booked an excursion in Montego Bay online before we sailed; the tickets were delivered right to our cabin the day before. As it turned out, there weren't many folks booked on our excursion, but I've read some accounts of excursions being sold out.

As for the kids - our oldest was 14 on Conquest. His travels usually involved pool, pizza/ice cream, or arcade; we just asked him to keep us advised of what he was doing periodically. Some folks use the two-way radios to keep in touch (although other posters will tell you they're terribly annoying to others). Personally, I think they're valuable when used in moderation - no need to keep up a running conversation on them, just an occasional check-in.

Overall, we loved Conquest. There's a lot to do for all ages.

Archived