balcony rooms

ONEANNM

We are booking a 7nght cruise for 2007.

We are looking for a balcony (or are they called verandahs) room.

Do they have outside open balcony rooms, I am not interested in a closed

balcony (or verandah) room.

Which catagory, cabin, deck would you suggest?

Thanks Andrea

We have been on six Disney cruises and in December we will be going on our 7th. The rooms are excellent. Four of our cruises we had the verandah, and there is nothing like sitting out and enjoying the view. We did notice that many people, who had verandahs spent little time there. Our next cruise we are going to try a standard inside room on deck five. We know the ship, and no longer feel we need a verandah.

Be careful, because some of the verandah rooms are partially enclosed or with obstructions. This information is stated on the Disney web site; however, these rooms are less expensive.

Which of the verandah rooms are better is a matter of preference, and what you like to do on the ship. In cruising, people will tell you that you will feel the least amount of movement based on a central location and of course being on the lower decks.

Only the Category 7 Navigator Verandah rooms are fully enclosed, with a porthole window. There are very few on each ship, and they hold a maximum of three.

All the Category 5 and 6 Deluxe Balcony Staterooms are basically the same, the only differences is the deck they are on (and there is NOTHING better about being in a Cat. 5 on that deck; go for the less expensive Cat. 6 if available).

Some of the balconies in the aft section of the ship (behind the Cat. 7s) are solid from the railing down, rather than having the plexiglass. That means that when you are seated, you can't see the ocean. Some of the aft balconies are also slightly larger.

Just some points to keep in mind as you choose a cabin. :)

Cat 6 with veranda,I call it my room. Six cruises,same room. It's directly in the center of the ship. Look at any pic of either ship. Count from front to rear lifeboats. It's directly over lifeboat #6 from the front and is the center room of that veranda section. Cat 6,5,4,are the same sized room just located on different decks. Cat 6, least exspensive, Cat4 most expensive. Do the veranda,it's really pleasant. Metrowon

While the cat 5 & 6 rooms are the same size, I disagree that the cat 4 rooms are the same. They are larger to allow for that 5th bed - the Murphy that drops down by the verandah. Having said that I don't think there's any difference in cat 5 or 6.

Except for the deck.

Are you the type that doesn't mind running up or down two flights of stairs - or will you always use the elevator? On our last cruise we had a cat 4 aft cabin and always used the stairs to go up to the 9th deck - for the pools, the buffet and most importantly the beverage station. That was so convenient - I get impatient waiting for elevators. If you are the type that will use the stairs it may be worth going for deck 7

For our next cruise we're booked in 7120 - the cat 7 room that has the half regular half navigators. Figure this is the best of both worlds. Still within stair distance of the pools and beverage station (albeit two flights rather than one) but at tremendous savings. Plus this time we'll only have 3 people versus 4 last time.

We always get room 7106. Just came back from the Western and when we booked, we were unable to get that room. Only inside staterooms left. Were in room #6037 and have to admit, that I was pleasantly surprised. Still a a very nice room. Didn't miss the verandah at all like I thought I would. The room is a little smaller and didn't have the second bath but we worked around that. Being that the room was dark, we all slept better than we ever have on a cruise! Saved a lot of money over a verandah room and I would book an inside room again! Hope this helps!

Archived