Parking at NY terminal

Cruisinita

Ship leaving Thursday. Driving from Boston. Any tips on what time to get there to insure parking. We were thinking of leaving at 6:00AM and have no idea on how much traffic we may encounter in CT and NY. Thanks!

Cape 8 Reunion on the Legend 6/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi!

Im on the same sailing as you! We live an hour away (north)from the nyc pier. This is our 4th cruise out of Ny and we have always parked at the pier. We usually arrive about 1130 or so. There has always been plenty of parking. This is our first time, however, leaving during midweek. Since we will leave home about 1015 we shouldnt hit a lot of traffic. Also, there is only one other ship in that day, The Victory. Are you sailing with any kids/teens? We have a 13 year old and a 15 1/2 year old.

We are just concerned that there will be spaces available when we arrive. Have parked when we cruised on the weekend, and there was never a problem. Think we have parked three times previously, but someone suggested that weekdays, spaces might be filled by weekend ship passengers.

There are two children in our group. Boy 16 and girl around 13.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Gee your right about that. The weekend cruisers are still away. Hmm maybe Ill give them a call or have you done that already? Our boy is almost 16 and our 13 year old is a girl. They will be at the teen meet the first night. CC members are suppose to meet at 10 pm the first night at the Dream Team bar, if your interested. Let me know if you hear anything else about parking. I might check out the limo instead now.

I know these kids will be there too. Their names are Nick and Kristen. We will try to get there too so we can meet. I did call the passenger ship terminal this afternoon and they said we would not have a problem late morning, once passengers getting off leave.

Cruisinita. . . so what time are you leaving? We're going out of NY in August and I've been trying to decide what time to leave also (southern Mass area). We're going in on a Friday, so weekday also. I've never gone the same day because I hate to be tired that day, so leaving at 6 a.m.. . . I was hoping for a little later.

Carnival Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;8;27;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

ok cruisinita, hopefully we'll see you at the Dream Team bar at 10. There are a few families on the roll call board that are going too. Im glad there will be parking. I planned on getting there late morning anyway. By the way, My kids names are Andrew and Rachel. See you soon!

i

Staceyvols, Just spoke to a friend in Jersey. They said that traffic in CT and NY heaviest around 7-9. Suggested we stop for breakfast just before Hartford. Leaving around 6 as well -

cruisn4evr, I will tell the kids to look out for your kids! I will also get onto the roll call page. See you then!

Glad I found your posts. I am driving from Boston too but for the July 26 Legend cruise.

I am going to call the Port Authority for parking advice.

Sorry to hear about the teens' lack of activities. This is my biggest concern as I have 15 and 18 year old daughters and I don't want to see their "mopey" faces for 7 days.

I chose Carnival because I thought that they woyuld be the best at keeping kids happy.

Oh well, I'm going to make the best of it regardless.

Tall Paul

Wish I could find at least 1 couple on my cruise to meet on line before I go, but so far nobody!

We just got off the Legend a few hours ago. Drove to the NY pier from RI. Connecticut is still repairing their section of 95........been working on that for the last 25 years or so. We live near the CT line and made the drive in about 2 1/2 hours. After our usual late start (yup, actually stopped on the way to complete our shopping) We arrived at the pier around 1pm. There seemed to be no shortage of parking. For some reason we weren't charged the $24/day rate ($192) but a monthly rate of $180. Got onboard around 2:30pm, not bad considering the crowd that was there by then.

As far as teens go, our June 16th sailing shouldn't have been the best for teens as many schools are still in session, but there were 180 teens in the 15 -18 year old group. Going to the first night meet & greet is a must for the teens, at least they'll know other teens are around. Organized activities were few which is probably how the teens liked it. They had good access to the disco and karoke(?sp) bar and seemed to form groups based on their personalities. Our 16 year old was sad to leave.

Archived