WHERE ARE LAST WEEKS MIRACLE CRUISERS?

Got back last Saturday...cruise is over icon_frown.gif

Ship~ Fabulous! Beautiful decor, a little less "over the top" than the Legend

Entertainment~ Top notch! Unfortunately, the Cruise Director Todd has only one more trip (after this week) on the Miracle, then he's on vacation til Aug 11th when he starts on the Spirit. He was the most incredible CD! The good news is..he is NOT taking his staff with him and they were great too! Tex is a hoot, Karl with a K was a dynamo in action, and don't miss Kareoke (never can figure out how to spell that!) with Chloe is wonderful! Now, I don't sing, I just enjoy watching, and Chloe, with her perky English accent and great personality really makes it fun!

The pub crawl was a blast, the production shows were great (Ticket to Ride, a Beatles tribute absolutely wonderful, the other one Generations was good but a little draggy) Music Unlimited played in Frankie and Johnny's, they were so good! The piano bar didn't draw the crowds...not like on the Legend last year. The piano player was good, but just didn't seem to have the personality to draw people in.

Ports

Ok, I did NOT choose this cruise for the ports!

Port Canavarel, took a taxi to Jetty Park, which is a beach the locals go to, it was very nice and low key. If you like excursions, there are plenty, Space Center, Disney, MGM, etc, but most are 11 hour excrusions and I just wasn't up for that long out in the hot and muggy air! There is a bus that you can take unlimited usage for 6 or 7 dollars that makes a loop from the Cruise Terminal, Coco Beach, the Mall, and Walmart. Might be good if you want to hit a beach AND pick up some last minute things you forgot...get em here cause neccessities in the Bahamas are NOT cheap! (Not even going to say how much I paid for Advil in Nassua!)

Nassua..beautiful pulling in to port! You can see Atlantis in the distance and it looks like a fairy castle. Decided to just look in the shops here and was sorry I did...just the usual touristy stuff, nothing special. I had planned to maybe see Parliment Sq and some other historical sights on foot but it was just too hot! Hubby wasn't feeling well so we went back to the ship early.

Freeport

Did the snorkel thing. First time snorkeling for both me and hubby. Took a bus and boarded a boat in Port Lucayan (sp?) About a 15 minute ride to some reefs. Good thing we are both strong swimmers because the waves were BIG! Not to condusive to learning how to snorkel! We did have lots of fun anway, and even made it onto the cruise travelog....in the travelog it looks alot easier than it actually was! Next time we try snorkeling, we are going to do it off a nice calm beach! The Port Lucayan shopping area looked cute, (nicer than Nassau!) Unfortunately we didn't have time to shop as this is a only a half day stop. If I were to do it again, I think I would do an excurision in Nassua (or go to a beach) and do some shopping in Freeport. There is also a small straw market right at the cruise terminal in Freeport that looked interesting..again..no time to look! In Freeport you dock in a very industrial area, but they have done a nice job of fixing up the area you disembark to.

Food on the Ship

Dining Room~ hmmmmm, I don't like the new menus! I am a little picky about food and a couple nights I couldn't find anything I liked. I wish they had a chicken choice every night, but they only had that one night. First night tried the steak and it was tough. The filet mignon on formal night was great though! Salads, deserts etc were all delicious!

Supper Club

One word: GO

It was unbeleivably good, even better than last year on the Legend. Well worth the $25 per person. Book early! This was one of the first things we did after boarding. The piano player and singer were excellent!

Lido Buffet

For the most part, very good. Deli is fabulous, lots of selections, including 24 hour pizza, at lunch there is a different "cuisine of the day" (french, chinese, etc.) One disappoinment..the fruit selection was very poor. Mostly melon and citrus. Had to wait til the supper club to get strawberries!

Service

Top Notch! Crew was very friendly and helpful, room service very prompt. Room steward was a peach! No complaints at all here.

Working on a full review...any questions just ask!

*******Proud member of O.A.T.C.******

inlove.gif

6/2004 Carnival Miracle

2nd Anniversary

6/2003 Carnival Legend

1st Anniversary

6/2002 Celebrity Mercury

Honeymoon

inlove.gif

Moonbaby I was also on the miracle with you and i believe I was on the legend with you last year. I can swear I seen a couple I noticed from last year. Just wondering if it was you.

Carnival Miracle 6/12/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

hey pts!

Let's see, hubby is tall, balding, has a beard, dark hair, I am on the short side, spiky brown hair with red streaks,glasses... we are both a little too rounded, lol! Last year my hair was all red and longer....do we sound familiar?????

*******Proud member of O.A.T.C.******

inlove.gif

6/2004 Carnival Miracle

2nd Anniversary

6/2003 Carnival Legend

1st Anniversary

6/2002 Celebrity Mercury

Honeymoon

inlove.gif

Archived