Paradise 6/13 - If you just returned, please help with advice/reviews

ljrfrm

I wrote this message twice this morning and couldn't get it to post for some reason.....if it ends up posting multiple times....sorry.

Anyhow.....since you all just came back - I'd love your help. First of all, how was it? What did you do in ports? Any "not to miss" activities? Anyone use Camp Carnival?

My main question I have is regarding port times....I was told the Paradise stayed on EST. But, just got an e-mail from Nativeways, and they told me Paradise will change to Grand Cayman times - Also, I'm meeting a friend in Roatan....and need to know, is the 7 am Roatan port time 7 am EST (which is 5 am Roatan time) or do we arrive at 7 am Roatan time? Hope one of you can clarify this.

Would love a brief review if any of you have the time.....thanks and welcome home! Hope it was great!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

Yes - I just got off the Paradise and since I had the same questions and had difficulty getting the answers I will be more than happy to help!

Upon setting sail we were told to turn our clocks back 1 hour to central time. In Belize we were still off local time by one hour (local time was an hour earlier), same as Roatan (ship time was 7am but local was 6am). Grand Cayman and Cozumel we were on the same time.

Barb

View the AOS May 2nd Conga Line Picture Website

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Paradise June 13,2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;4;19;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800 Till my baby girl comes home from So. Africa!

ljrfrm...I emailed you also with the same information.

Barb...so sorry we never got to meet last week. My husband said he met you at BIBR but then he never saw you on the ship. (I told him he had to point you out to me!!)

According to Bob, the Roatan dive was fantastic. Did you get bit by any of the sand fleas? Bob and our friend both came back looking like they had some sort of disease...red blotches all over their body. They didn't realize they were getting bit...it must have happened when you had boat problems and they were standing on the sand. The bites never itched and just went away in about 3 days. Really strange!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

Hi there!

Yes I did talk to your hubby on the dive - he's right it WAS fantastic! Loved Bay Islands Resort - the people were wonderful! We had my daughter do a resort dive since she missed getting certified - Sean was SO patient with her and she felt totally safe and comfortable under his care. The group is now talking about trying to get back there for a full week of diving!

We did get bit - but they didn't itch. We were told they were sand flies vs sand fleas and that we would be ok. We did get eaten alive on the docks at cozumel though! We also think that at least in our area of the Empress deck aft they need to spray - we were all getting eaten alive even on sea days.

I too am sorry about not getting to meet everyone. I wasn't feeling well and ended up sleeping in that Monday. Had a great cruise though!

Barb

View the AOS May 2nd Conga Line Picture Website

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Paradise June 13,2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;4;19;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800 Till my baby girl comes home from So. Africa!

Thanks for the time information - it's great to finally have an answer - and Mathgal, I'll check my e-mail too - thanks and glad you all had a good trip! Can't wait to hear more about it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

Archived