Do you think all these requests for refunds...

flagger

I would respect that policy if the cruise lines all agreed to implement it. Currently, that is not the way they handle reduced fares and upgrades, though. So, as long as the policy is the way it is, the eagle eyes seem to get the prize. If I booked really early and found out someone paid hundreds of dollars less than I and/or received a better cabin, it would bother me, too. Right now, I am just getting pumped up about our Alaskan Cruise, and am confident that Celebrity will have the norovirus problem under control by our sailing on the Mercury, May 8.

I agree with what others have said. I think cruiselines probably shouldn't allow you to get a discount after they lower rates, but since it's their policy, we have every right to take advantage of it.

As for the airline comparison, that's why I always fly Southwest when given a choice of airlines. If the price comes down, I can change to the lower fare with no penalty. But I have also used other sites like Priceline and Hotwire where I was stuck with the reservations once I paid for them. In those cases I just shut my eyes and prayed I didn't accidentally notice a lower price somewhere else.

CStorm: The happy hour specials link.

Archived