Cococay waverunners? are they really worth it?

saratogian

So, where did you put your stuff(towel, beach stuff-bag, ect)??? Is there storage under the seats?

If I remember correctly, you can keep your stuff in the area where you view the safety video.

My DH & I also loved doing the waverunners at Coco Cay. We were lucky the day that we went, they seas were extremely calm. Even the tour guide commented on how lucky we were. We thought the tour was well worth the money.

Bring your own sunglasses or sport glasses, they do not provide these. this excursion is the best i have ever taken, will do again and again at whatever the cost is. was the highlight of the cruise:cool: :eek: :rolleyes: :o

My daughter and I (age 16) did the waverunner tour back in August. It was our first time on a waverunner and it was soooo much fun! We will be doing the same tour this August.

There are cubbies where you can put your belongings while on the tour.n They did not have lockers as far as I can remember, but we did not have any problem with any of our things missing when we returned.

Since we were not experienced riders, we decided to stay somewhere in the middle of the group...we were #5 out of 10. At each stop on the tour the guide asks if anyone would like to move up or move back in the line, giving everyone an opportunity to go faster or slower. There is also a guide that rides behind the group incas anyone has any problems along the way.

I am a horrible swimmer so I was a bit worried at first, but nobody had any problems with the waverunners flipping over or anything and I was even brave enough to jump in the water (with my life vest lol) at one of the stops on the tour (I believe it was called starfish alley)

Some suggestions... apply plenty of sunscreen before the tour..we came back with sunburn, If you are wearing sunglasses try to get the elastic sports band for them...my daughter had to hold onto her glasses a few times to avoid losing them. And BRING A WATERPROOF DISPOSABLE CAMERA! We took some great pics...Don't take a chance with a digital cam as it may get wet on the tour...lots of splashing and mist and they don't guarantee your stuff will stay completely dry in the little storage compartment on the waverunner!

Sorry I wrote a book :o ...I get so excited thinking about my next cruise!

• 1 month later...

Mu husband and I will be in Cococay on July 24th. We at first booked to ride together at 10:00 AM. After thinking about all of our pictures being of other couples instead of each other we decided to both be a driver. All the early times were booked for two "drivers", so we had to bump our time all the way to 1:00 PM so we could both drive.

We have NEVER been on these things. My husband can pick it up and go in no time. Me on the other hand will be the very slow lady in the back. Is this a common thing? Slow Pokes?:confused: I don't mind the water, but flying off of this thing scares me, or making others angry because I am two miles behind the rest of the group.:( Any "turtles" in your waverunner group?

When I was changing our time on the RCCL site, they now asked what size "shoes?" Small, medium or large? Is this something you need on the waverunner? Do you rent these shoes? Kind of like when you go bowling?:confused: This question was not asked before they updated the excursion page.

Anyone else see this??:confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Someone mentioned a larger couple on a Waverunner and that has me thinking.

One of the people in our group is quite overweight but I know he wants to try this excursion. Does anyone know what the weight limits are and since he is larger [about 290 pounds] is there anyway someone else could ride along with him or should he be the only one on the Waverunner?

How long do the excursions go out for?

Thanks for any advice -- it's certainly appreciated!

Swimmer Steph, I thought I would reply, since no one has added anything to the thread since I last asked a question in June. I believe 350 lbs is the weight limit on the waverunner. If your friend has a 60 lb child with them that might be OK. I think I read that the waverunners may not run as fast with more weight on them. My husband and I opted to just each get our own instead of riding together.

When we booked this excurssion a few weeks back it was listed as being for 50 minutes. While looking at the excurssion page a day ago it was listed as being 1 hour long. Maybe someone who has recently been on them can answer better for you about the length of time.

I hate that many people do not use this board about Private islands.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on the Majesty for the New Year's cruise, hoping to do the wave runners - anyone know what water temp will be like in late Dec/early Jan? Never been to the Caribbean before - not sure what to expect!

NeeterN

Archived