Land & Sea Excursion-anyone done it?

02bthere

RCI Rhapsody in George Town in April; land excursion is called 'Land & Sea", lasts 3.5 hours. Brief description: Semi-submarine trip, bus to west bay, seven mile beach, turtle farm, town of Hell, rum cake center. Has anyone done this excursion? Has it been since hurricane and is coral still alive? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks-still trying to decide what to do and need input.

We did the "See & Sea" tour, through Carnival, in St. Martin, and it was my first and last ship excursion (barring those that are offered through the ship that I can't book on my own). We had done Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas the day before (15-20 people to a group, fully guided tour, stopped often to take pictures, very interactive) and I think we were spoiled. In St. Martin, we got off the ship, were herded on to a charter bus (which we spent 75% of the entire tour time on), did a "tour" of the island (stopped ONCE for pictures), the guide didn't really say much, the Atlantis semi-sub was cool, though. I just hated whizzing through the countryside at 60 MPH, couldn't even take pics through the tinted windows. It was kind of a jip, in my opinion, considering I paid for the ship's tour almost 3 times what I did for the private/smaller tour . If I had a choice, I'd pick a private tour all the way.

Best of luck in making your decision, though.

Archived