Official Carnival Notice for Sensation & Fantasy

sturgis

Here is the official notice just received from Carnival:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

ALL SENSATION DEPARTURES EFFECTIVE APRIL 6, 2006

April 1, 2006

polaroid_sensation.jpgDear Carnival Guest:

We want to advise you that the Sensation has experienced a technical problem with the propulsion system that is impacting the ship’s cruising speed. The Sensation cannot perform the speed required for the scheduled 4 and 5 day cruises from Port Canaveral.

Fortunately, we are in a unique position to have a virtually identical sister ship to the Sensation that can perform the scheduled itineraries and offers the same accommodations, features and amenities.

Effective with the April 6, 2006 cruise, the Fantasy will now operate all of the future 4 and 5 day Sensation cruises.

We will move your booking automatically to the Fantasy on the same departure date in our reservations system. Your booking number and stateroom assignment will not change.

If you have already received your cruise documents, they will be valid for travel and new documents will not be issued for this change. In addition, if you purchased air transportation from Carnival, your air itinerary will not change and the E-Ticket receipt coupon will remain valid.

If you have already registered for Fun Pass (our online check-in system), this information will be automatically changed to the Fantasy. If you have not registered for Fun Pass yet, please remember to use the Fantasy as your ship when completing this important online check-in process.

If you have pre-purchased shore excursions online at Carnival.com, this information will also be automatically changed to the Fantasy.

Most importantly, we want to thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard the Fantasy.Sincerely,

vicki_freed_sig.gifVicki L. Freed

Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing

It won't open on my computer. Anyone else? I'm on the 4-10 cruise.

open up a yahoo mail account and send it to yourself. I can't open alot of things and i do this and it works fine. good luck

This isn't a fake letter! I just got it in my email and posted it right away on here. I'm sure they sent the same email to everyone booked for 4/6, so if you can't open it in your email, it's posted above.

I am most upset. With all the problems, I do not want to sail. Can you receive refund. I do not the contract covers ship changes.

You should check the cancellation policy - it depends on when your sail date is, which you did not mention. I do think the contract allows Carnival to substitute a different ship - especially an identical ship. I would not think you could bypass the cancellation policy due to this change, but why don't you just call Carnival and ask?

Too bad you are upset - I don't think you have any reason to worry.

open up a yahoo mail account and send it to yourself. I can't open alot of things and i do this and it works fine. good luck

I finally got it to open. It came through as a Kodac Easy Share program for me? It was the same letter that was posted above.

Just checked Carnival web site. We were booked on the Fantasy sailing on July 9th. Our reservation now is on the Sensation. Was looking foward to the Fantasy. We will just roll with the punches and sail on the Sensation. I am not shure if I am happy with this or not.

Our tirplet daughters are going with us this time. We had told them that there would be a water slide on the ship. My wife just read on another posting the water slide is out of order. I have left message with my PVP to discuss this with him. My daughtes would be disapointed it the water slide is not open.

TripletDad.

I thought it was a fairly elaborate April Fools posting... Not that I'm impacted, but I checked it out anyway. If its a hoax then Carnival is in on it too. I checked the Sensation on that site and it says its sailing from NOLA to Cozumel - there are currently no sailings scheduled for either ship...

Man what a nightmare trying to square all that away!

I just called 1-888-CARNIVAL and was told by a very nice operator that they are indeed changing ships. The Fantasy is now taking the Sensation's route and the Sensation is taking the Fantasy woute.

The Sensation was having trouble keeping speed to make it to Grand Turk on time. Since Freeport and Nassau are much closer to Port Canaveral.

The ships are basically the same... made the same year with the same stats. You should still have a wonderful time.

I am on the first new switch and have yet to receive any type of notification. I know from the webpage that it is correct though.

I spoke with my CVS agent today and they told me that they only emailed and faxed guest booked on the April 6th sailings. All other sailings will be emailed tomorrow. They are trying control the amount of calls they get in the call center. If they send out all faxes at once they will get killed and you will be on hold for 3 hours before someone picks up.;)

I have'nt recieved any letter as of yet. Is it fake? Any one else see the letter?:confused:

We are on the same cruise and didn't receive notice yet either but I don't expect to be notified yet since it just was announced tonight. I'm sure they will be notifying the passengers on the cruises that will be leaving before us first.

Now with being on the Fantasy I think I will have cruised on every Fantasy class ship but the Paradise and the Fascination.

Bill

Archived