Official Carnival Notice for Sensation & Fantasy

sturgis

:o Yes, I am one of those affected by this switch! My sail date is less than 3 weeks away and I am anxiously waiting for the next Sensation cruise to return for an updated review!! I (though disapointed by the switch) understand Carnival's decission. The propulsion problem will not effect our Bahama cruise at all. I am disappointed that I have spent months researching everything about Fantasy (secret doors, log books, etc.) and now with little time left I am starting my search on Sensation. (any help would be greatly appreciated!!) I hope everything is up and running, slide open, deli open, etc. I am planning on cruising with a great attitude and full mug! As many posters have said before any cruise is better than a day at work!! I am so glad that those formerly sailing Sensation (now Fantasy) will be able to enjoy all their ports of call, and would hope that if roles where reversed passengers would feel the same toward me!! Happy sailing to all of us on Fantasy and Sensation!!;)

I have. However, apparently no one else cares and Carnival refuses to do anything. I just feel as if I am the only one on here who cares and I am tired of everyone defending Carnival. Especially those who aren't effected or those switched from the Sensation to the Fantasy. I just wonder has anyone else complained. It is just bad customer service to move us to the problem. No one seems to get the point. This is totally Carnival's problem. Carnival should accept responsibility and repair it.

Bobo - there are very few passengers overall that read this site, who may yet be unaware of the change or the implications and problems with the Sensation. If I were in your shoes, I would also be very pissed and would continue to raise holy hell til was satisfied. Don't give up the fight.

As I mentioned in a post to you before - I believe your best bet, if you achieve no satisfaction from Carnival directly, is via the media. Contact your newspapers consumer affairs person or and the travel editor and make them aware. Contact the folks in similiar positions down in Fla that have reported on the existing problems. The last thing I can imagine Carnival wants right now is even more bad PR. It was the media stories about the Sensationn that caused them to act in the first place as they were roasted over the coals.

Good luck in your fight for what is right

ICANTWAIT--

I've searched so many things out about the Fantasy Cruise Ship, and now this and now I have so little time to find out some things about the Sensation, I mean we will not be traveling until July 2nd. but however I had pictures of the cabin (penthouse suite ) like we were gonna be staying and everything and so many different pointers and tips and now here I go again, I would like to find someone that might have some capers

for the Senasation that would email them to , (after the switch ) I think it will be April the 6th or any other information about the Sensation on the new tour please email me @ michellepage_3@msn.com thanks so much

HAPPY SAILING EVERYONE !!!!!!

:o Yes, I am one of those affected by this switch! My sail date is less than 3 weeks away and I am anxiously waiting for the next Sensation cruise to return for an updated review!! I (though disapointed by the switch) understand Carnival's decission. The propulsion problem will not effect our Bahama cruise at all. I am disappointed that I have spent months researching everything about Fantasy (secret doors, log books, etc.) and now with little time left I am starting my search on Sensation. (any help would be greatly appreciated!!) I hope everything is up and running, slide open, deli open, etc. I am planning on cruising with a great attitude and full mug! As many posters have said before any cruise is better than a day at work!! I am so glad that those formerly sailing Sensation (now Fantasy) will be able to enjoy all their ports of call, and would hope that if roles where reversed passengers would feel the same toward me!! Happy sailing to all of us on Fantasy and Sensation!!;)

I'm one of those you mentioned who is now on Fantasy (was on Sensation). Maybe you can tell me where you found out about the secret doors and stuff. I'd love to hear about anything you thought might be of interest on the Fantasy. We're sailing on 6/15 and I've already started counting the days.

Also, can anyone tell me what the "DH" abbreviation is? I'm pretty sure the "H" is for Husband but have no idea what the "D" is. I can't get Designated Hitter out of my mind b/c I've heard "DH" used so much in baseball. I'm sure it's something really simple but I've got a block. I did manage to figure out that "IMO" is "In My Opinion" though. And what's the abbreviation for wife?

Thanks!

I'm one of those you mentioned who is now on Fantasy (was on Sensation). Maybe you can tell me where you found out about the secret doors and stuff. I'd love to hear about anything you thought might be of interest on the Fantasy. We're sailing on 6/15 and I've already started counting the days.

Also, can anyone tell me what the "DH" abbreviation is? I'm pretty sure the "H" is for Husband but have no idea what the "D" is. I can't get Designated Hitter out of my mind b/c I've heard "DH" used so much in baseball. I'm sure it's something really simple but I've got a block. I did manage to figure out that "IMO" is "In My Opinion" though. And what's the abbreviation for wife?

Thanks!

DH stands for "dear husband" or you can substitute any word starting with "d" depending on the mood of the day.....dopey, darn, damn or even designated. The same goes for DW....of course it would always be "darling" if your DH was writing it.

;)

Any scoop you have on the Fantasy I would LOVE to hear. I'm at bunkie103@yahoo.com. Thanks and you'll love the Sensation.

This isn't a fake letter! I just got it in my email and posted it right away on here. I'm sure they sent the same email to everyone booked for 4/6, so if you can't open it in your email, it's posted above.

Here is the email I received.

597x62_ccl_blu_hdr.gif

Please disregard the previous email. We apologize for any confusion this may have created.

April 3, 2006

polaroid_sensation.jpgDear Carnival Guest:

We want to advise you that effective with the April 6, 2006 cruise, the Sensation will now operate all of the future 3 and 4 day cruises previously scheduled on the Fantasy.

The Sensation is a virtually identical sister ship to the Fantasy offering all the same accommodations, features and amenities. The Fantasy will now be re-deployed to operate the 4 and 5 day cruises scheduled on the Sensation.

We are making this change of sister ships due to a cruising speed limitation on the Sensation related to a recent propulsion system problem. However, the Sensation can operate the speeds required for the Fantasy’s 3 and 4 day itineraries and is functioning normally in all other aspects. The ship has been fully certified for operation by the U.S. Coast Guard and Lloyd’s Registry of Shipping, the world’s leading ship classification firm.

We will move your booking automatically to the Sensation on the same departure date in our reservations system. Your booking number and stateroom assignment will not change.

If you have already received your cruise documents, they will be valid for travel and new documents will not be issued. In addition, if you purchased air transportation from Carnival, your air itinerary will not change and the E-Ticket receipt coupon will remain valid.

If you have already registered for Fun Pass (our online check-in system), this information will be automatically changed to the Sensation. If you have not registered for Fun Pass yet, please remember to use the Sensation as your ship when completing this important online check-in process.

If you have pre-purchased shore excursions online at Carnival.com, this information will also be automatically changed to the Sensation.

Most importantly, we want to thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard the Sensation.

Sincerely,

vicki_freed_sig.gifVicki L. Freed

Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing

On Fantasy the secret door is supposed to be in the Universal Lounge all the way forward by the stage there is an unmark door that leads to a deck that very few people find. Very peaceful place to watch the ocean go by. Search for the Cruise Critic Log Book in the Library to leave your mark. Most of the other information I found applies to both Sensation and Fantasy as they are the same except for name and decor. If you have any of this info about Sensation please let me know!! :rolleyes:

I Cant Wait For You To Go .. So You Can Send Us A Review On How It Was Lol !! That Would Be To Cool To Find A Place Where Not Many People Were Huh. I See Your Along Way From Florida To Are You Driving Or Flying, We Are Driving, Our Children Are Afraid We Will Miss The Ship, I Think We May Leave Like The Friday Before Since We Have Never Been To Florida Before We Still Have Alot Of Things To Do Prior To This Big Event And We Are Sooooo Excited!!

I Cant Wait For You To Go .. So You Can Send Us A Review On How It Was Lol !! That Would Be To Cool To Find A Place Where Not Many People Were Huh. I See Your Along Way From Florida To Are You Driving Or Flying, We Are Driving, Our Children Are Afraid We Will Miss The Ship, I Think We May Leave Like The Friday Before Since We Have Never Been To Florida Before We Still Have Alot Of Things To Do Prior To This Big Event And We Are Sooooo Excited!!

My DH and I grew up in Orlando, so we take the 9 hour drive a couple times a year to see family. We drive straight through. We will arrive Saturday AM and stay in Orlando, then drive the 45min drive to the peir on Sunday morning! I will definately give a review when we get back and give all the details! :p

Toni

Icantwait ... you live in Tennessee and it only takes you 9 hours to get to Orlando? I think you are fibbing. It takes *me* 8 hours (if I drive fast) and I live in Montgomery, AL ... so either your car is a Nascar or you mean 14 hours or something ... or you take a bus, at which point, time doesn't matter much, except that you get where you are trying to do by the time you want to get there...

Undrhil

Icantwait ... you live in Tennessee and it only takes you 9 hours to get to Orlando? I think you are fibbing. It takes *me* 8 hours (if I drive fast) and I live in Montgomery, AL ... so either your car is a Nascar or you mean 14 hours or something ... or you take a bus, at which point, time doesn't matter much, except that you get where you are trying to do by the time you want to get there...

Undrhil

Hi Undrhil... we live in KY and can make it to Orlando in 12 hrs, so I think 9 for Tennessee is feasible. It's basically just a straight shot down I-75 for us . :)

Hi Undrhil... we live in KY and can make it to Orlando in 12 hrs, so I think 9 for Tennessee is feasible. It's basically just a straight shot down I-75 for us . :)

Feasible for sure!! I have a lead foot and a radar detector!! 9hrs hour straight only stop for gas!!:D

Hope this isn't a bad omen that no one is responding to any threads about the Sensation. I could care less what ship I'm on and where it goes as long as it's CLEAN. Bobo, I agree with you that Carnival should compensate it's passengers who got the short end of the stick. The Sensation was not what I was hoping for!

For any one concerned about being switched to the Fantasy . . . I just came across this site showing the newly refurbished Fantasy.

IMHO, I think it's a change in your favor:-)

Enjoy!

Annie

http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/

Most of the people who are making negative noise in this regard are those who were switched *from* the Fantasy to the Sensation. I am not sure what the fuss is about since the problems should all be repaired by now. I will say (again) that I was looking forward to cruising on the Sensation and I am sad that I will not be cruising on her, but the Fantasy, being a sister ship, is just as good. It'll be like going to the prom with your ex-girlfriend's twin sister, except without all the awkward questions... :-D

EDIT: And those pictures of the Fantasy are from *before* her refurbishment, I think. Wasn't she refurbished in September of '05? Those are from July of '05, so take those pictures with a grain of salt. I guess they can't be *too* different, but you never know with this crowd of people ....

Undrhil

Archived