Paradise 3/24 ~ 3/27 Review

AZ TRAVEL

Hi all,

I would like to tell everyone about our three day Paradise cruise. Sorry for the delay, PCD!! Our group consisted of me and my nephew (more like a brother) my sister and brother in law. This cruise was our first and we choose it because it was short in case we did not like the whole cruise experience. Let me please say now that this is my first review and my spelling stinks so please be kind! I wanted to post this because of all the helpful information I learned from CC.

We flew in from Phoenix to Long Beach and did the early check in at the Queen Mary, and were given our zone 1 ticket, then off to breakfast at the Queen Mary. They serve really good eggs benedict!! We went to zone 1 and began boarding almost immediately. We were probably the first 50 on board. All of us were really impressed with the ship but one thing we didn’t think about was the height factor. My nephew has a fear of heights issue and even the gang plank is really high up. I enjoyed teasing him that he was just focused on the ladies (rear end) in front of him and would not look out to the side. Thank god she did not stop to take in the view!!

This being a 3 day cruise at then spring break season I expected a total party boat but I must say it was not. Sure there was people having fun but it was a great mix. I chose Carnival from these boards and I am glad I did. Everyone in our group had a blast and we all thought the food and service was wonderful. Our only complaint was that it was to short.

I am really bad with names so I can not say who our room steward or dinner server was but they were great. I tipped the room steward $20.00 and we had towel animals every night.

Let me end this by saying that I am booking a 7 day Valor cruise for my 40’Th b-day!!!

PS One bit of advice for all people named William. My passport has my legal name William but my S&S was Bill and this caused some confusion. To make it easier book everything under William.

Archived