Celebrity Cruises Dining Options

Delbankin

Hi,

We're due on Millennium in summer crusing around Europe. A question folks might be able to help out with.

We seem to be on a wait list for late dining even although we booked our cruise well in advance. We've never had this before as we've always managed to have confirmation of our chosen option. (We've never cruised with Celebrity before). How does this work? When do we get to know if we've been successful with our choice? Is there some sort of priority given to those who have cruised with Celebrity before?

Also, any tips on how to secure a late dining slot?

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Regards

Del.

Hi,

We're due on Millennium in summer crusing around Europe. A question folks might be able to help out with.

We seem to be on a wait list for late dining even although we booked our cruise well in advance. We've never had this before as we've always managed to have confirmation of our chosen option. (We've never cruised with Celebrity before). How does this work? When do we get to know if we've been successful with our choice? Is there some sort of priority given to those who have cruised with Celebrity before?

Also, any tips on how to secure a late dining slot?

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Regards

Del.

Hi Del !

I have 2 recommendations for you. First, have your travel agent call Celebrity and ask to speak with the Dining Room coordinator. Perhaps they can assist you in getting Late seating.

If that does not work, make SURE to get to the ship early, and as soon as you board the ship, ask to see the Maitre'd. They usually set up an area in one of the lounges, where you can meet with them, about getting your Dining arrangements changed. They do this for a few hours on the first afternoon of your sailing. This may be your best option.

Typically, Celebrity will try to do everything they can to make you happy, so the odds are good that it will work out.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Delbankin,

I don't know if our circumstance is typical, but we were on the wait list for our preference only 3 days until our status changed. No one notified us of the change; keep checking online for your reservation details, one of which is your dining information.

One way or the other, you should be able to get your preferred seating.

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Delbankin

I have just found out that we too are on a waitlist for 2nd dining for our upcoming Century mini cruise in June even though we booked it as soon as it was first advertised. I am a Select Capts Club member so cruising before obviiosly makes no difference.This is the first time i have been on a waitlist for my preferred dining choice and I am not happy about it especially as we are taking 2 friends on their first Celebrity cruise. I have called my travel agent and told her this and she is going to call Celebrity although she says she has no control of what they decide to do.I always thought that if you booked early you got your preferred choice but this doesn't seem to be the case.

As we are only on a 3 day cruise I didn't really want to have to spend my first day waiting in line to see the Maitre d' to sort out dining arrangements. Just hoping that when our tickets come we will have confirmed 2nd seating.

Hi Delbankin

I have just found out that we too are on a waitlist for 2nd dining for our upcoming Century mini cruise in June even though we booked it as soon as it was first advertised. I am a Select Capts Club member so cruising before obviiosly makes no difference.

Preferred waitlist status is a perk for Elite members (over 10 cruises). Back when we joined Captain's club (back in 1992 with paid membership and no levels), preferred dining seating time was a benefit - now you have to be at the top level to get preferred waitlist status.

Our experience on three Celebrity Cruises:

We went to the Maitre 'D desk as soon as we boarded. All three times we had confirmed late seating, but were not seated with out travelling companions who also had confirmed late seating. As we waited for our turn, we noted that the vast majority of those ahead of us were asking to be moved to early seating. So there is a good chance that late will open up for you. I will qualify this. If you are on a port intensive cruise, often times more people opt for late.

I would suggest that you get there as soon as possible. One of our times there, there was quite a long wait. The Boat Drill was called before we got to talk to the Maitre 'D. Everyone had to leave and everyone lost there place in the queue, starting all over again after the drill.

Regards

Archived