Cruise Director...

bonni99

Can anyone tell us who the new cruise director is? We were on the December Caribbean cruise which was Brian's last sailing. Do they still do the QM2 TV show in the mornings now Brian has gone?

Can anyone tell us who the new cruise director is?

Which ship? I know they only have two (on account of their fabulously successful previous management....)....but on the QE2 January Transatlantic we had the young Martyn Moss, formerly of Caronia,.....fine in a Hi De Hi! sort of way....

Peter

Which ship? I know they only have two (on account of their fabulously successful previous management....)....but on the QE2 January Transatlantic we had the young Martyn Moss, formerly of Caronia,.....fine in a Hi De Hi! sort of way....

Peter

I agree about Martyn. Simon and Esme were so down to earth on the QE2 in January. Hardly ever saw Martyn and when you did, well.........I believe Bonni99 was asking about the QM2. That's the ship I was curious about as well. Does anyone know who the cruise staff is? Even if you weren't into the pub trivia stuff and all that on a recent cruise, usually the daily programs listed the director and assistant, if anyone just returning, still has programs. Realizing crew changes with every port.........just curious.

I agree about Martyn. Simon and Esme were so down to earth on the QE2 in January. Hardly ever saw Martyn and when you did, well.........I believe Bonni99 was asking about the QM2. That's the ship I was curious about as well. Does anyone know who the cruise staff is? Even if you weren't into the pub trivia stuff and all that on a recent cruise, usually the daily programs listed the director and assistant, if anyone just returning, still has programs. Realizing crew changes with every port.........just curious.

Yes, Ray Rouse was CD on the 3 Jan to 15 Jan Panama cruise. I just went lookin for the programme which had his bio. Guess which I day I can't find?

Seemed to be fine- Not goody like some we've known a little more classy.

Then too, we didn't see that much of him, but thank god, no HEY! EVERYBODY! GET READY FOR SNOWBALL JACKPOT BINGO!!! at 6 Am (exagerration, but not by much!) like every other cruise like we've ever been on!

Karie,

who didn't get to know Ray but was impressed by his credentials!

Wasn't Ray R. a CD on RCL? I seem to remember what a great job he did on our cruise.

Bayman123,

I managed to unearth the daily programme from our recent trip and indeed it is the same Ray Rouse who served as Cruise Director with Royal Caribbean Line. In addition to serving in that capacity with RCL and Cunard he has also worked as a Cruise Director for Holland America Line and Costa Cruises. He served with RCL, HAL and Costa from 1976 thru 2003, before being invited to be a member of the start-up team and CD for the QM2 in April of 2003.

Cruiserking

Your welcome, Bayman123. I couldn't help but notice the Leonardo Da Vinci as part of your cruise signature. That makes two of us. I sailed her many moons ago with my grandparents back in 1969, still have the picture of me shaking hands with the captain.

Cruiserking

Archived