So, we're thinking about a Disney cruise....

Happy ks

I've cruised Disney before, but it was a while back, I think in 98 or 99, whichever was the first year of Disney Magic. I have a few specific questions. We have cruised other lines, we normally make all our own travel arrangements. I'd like some opinions on a couple of things.

1. The ground transportation seems a bit high through the Disney site, can you find transportation for a lot less on your own? We're thinking of a 4 day land, 3 day cruise, staying at a Disney property.

2. I understand their fares are higher than other lines and I'm fine with that, but are there other ways of booking? I'm not asking for specific TA's, just a general push in the direction will do for me.

3. We are trying to decide between a Deluxe Fam stateroom/veranda vs. two seperate staterooms, there are 5 of us, all girls (2 sisters, 2 daughters, one 6 year old grandaughter). We normally book 2 cabins for our family, but that is because it's mom/dad and 2 teens, we don't care to share with the kids. Will it be too close for comfort?

Thank you in advance for any info :)

There is a new service, it was new in August 05, called ArtShuttle that was inexpensive compared to Disney transfers. You might want to check them out. Also renting a car at the airport and dropping it off at Port Canaveral is also a good tip. We've done both without any problems.

Call DCL, on the Castaway member line. You are a member. They should be very helpful. Two room's may only be slightly more exspensive than one big on, or less. You end up with 2 bathrooms though. Get your pen and pad out, take down the numbers. It takes time to spend your own money, but I can spend it all for you on one simple thread response. You have some work to do. Be patient and careful. Remember one thing, if you book through Disney, they are your travel agent, and once your on-board, they will answer your questions. just a thought! Metrowon

I've cruised Disney before, but it was a while back, I think in 98 or 99, whichever was the first year of Disney Magic. I have a few specific questions. We have cruised other lines, we normally make all our own travel arrangements. I'd like some opinions on a couple of things.

1. The ground transportation seems a bit high through the Disney site, can you find transportation for a lot less on your own? We're thinking of a 4 day land, 3 day cruise, staying at a Disney property.

2. I understand their fares are higher than other lines and I'm fine with that, but are there other ways of booking? I'm not asking for specific TA's, just a general push in the direction will do for me.

3. We are trying to decide between a Deluxe Fam stateroom/veranda vs. two seperate staterooms, there are 5 of us, all girls (2 sisters, 2 daughters, one 6 year old grandaughter). We normally book 2 cabins for our family, but that is because it's mom/dad and 2 teens, we don't care to share with the kids. Will it be too close for comfort?

Thank you in advance for any info :)

Go for the two cabin cruise, the privacy will be in your favor. And you can have all you want to eat, not can! What ever happened to those two wonderfuls son's of your's? Probably working and wishing they could be with you. Call Disney, and use your Castaway priveladges. Best of Luck, keep posting. Metrowon

Archived