Mercury CC Class Starboard or Port?

BADGERANDBUCKEYE

We are thinking about booking a Concierge Class room on the Mercury for an 11-night Mexican Riviera cruise in January 2007.

Question 1: Do you have to book CC to get the deluxe "pillow-top" mattress and pillow selection, or can you request (and get) them if you are in a regular veranda room?

Question 2: Which side of the ship should we book to have maximum exposure to the ports as we dock -- port or starboard? We are experienced cruisers but have never done this itinerary.

Thanks for this information and anything else about this particular itinerary.;)

1. I think the pillow selection is for CC and up---not regular cabins.

2. Have not done the Mex Riv. Want to tho. We will soon have enough X Credit card points for a free buddy ticket for the MR or Carib. If we can get a good deal on air we will do the Riv.

Good luck on getting an answer soon.

We were on Mercury 3/17 in a sky suite on starboard side.

We were always facing out. If you want maximum exposure to ports choose the port side.

I also believe the pillow choice is CC. We were on the Sky Deck and loved it. I know there are a few CC cabins on this Deck that people recommend.

I second the vote for port side.....especially if you are approaching Cabo from the north. The sight of Lands End when arriving from the north is spectacular from the port side. Enjoy.

Nan

Archived