Sunscape Casa del Mar in Dominican Republic - Anyone been recently?

CaribbeanBound

I am posting this here because I can't get a response on the DR board..

1. Looking for information on the Sunscape Casa del Mar Resort.

What did you like, not like?

How much is a day pass?

How did you get there and back?

What was the cost of transportation?

Did you feel safe?

Would you do it again?

2. If not the above, has anyone done anything other than stay on the ship, walk around the pier area, or take the free shuttle?

I am posting this here because I can't get a response on the DR board..

1. Looking for information on the Sunscape Casa del Mar Resort.

What did you like, not like?

How much is a day pass?

How did you get there and back?

What was the cost of transportation?

Did you feel safe?

Would you do it again?

QUOTE]

we took the nite tour and saw the fantastic show in the amphitheater and during the day took the electric bike tour on our last port stop.. we are doing a cruise in dec. with the casa de campo port again and i think the ship (millenium) offers an excursion to casa del mar.. that is one port I would stick with the ship's excursions vs. going on your own.. just my personal opinion, I often do excursions on my own but in some places feel safer going thru the ship and casa de campo is one of them..

I stayed in the DR a year ago near Caso De Campo, I would spend the day on the ship.

We visited this port of call on our March 11th cruise on the Connie - sort of mixed feelings but I'll share them. Is the place a big nothing - sort of. Middle of no where. Even the commedian made fun of the place. Celebrity made arrangements for us to visit La Marina and Altos de Chavon for free - shuttle bus. La Marina is definitely for the rich and famous. we spent an enjoyable afternoon watching the yachts and seeing the very expensive homes.

Altos de Chavon is recreation Mediteranian Village - cobblestones so if you have problems walking you may want to bypass although it is an artist colony. I missed the guy rolling cigars.

The one thing I really missed was the town and country tour with the stop at the cigar Factory. Tour was sold out. The Port lecturer said the cigars were not worth it - he was wrong. Our tablemates took the tour and bought a box of 25 for $25 - gave me one after dinner. he was po'd that he didn;t buy more and I was po'd that i didn't go

Archived