Questions about Valor?

aimila21

Hi everyone. Ok, I've been thinking of going on the Valor but I've been getting mixed reviews. I have some questions that will help me decide so if any of you have sailed the Valor I'd appreciate your input.I've heard that there's not much going on as far as night life besides drinking or gambling. I'm 26 and though I don't drink I am a big fan of music and I love to dance or just sit and listen and relax. Plus my fiance' and I are night owls. Are there any fun activitiess to do past say 10pm? My second question is more about the time of year I'll be sailing. I would be going either the last week of Oct. or the first week of Nov. Usually here in Fla. the hurricane season has passes (knock on wood) but then again last year we had Katrina:eek: . I'm hoping that pattern doesn't repeat!! How is the weather in the carribean that time of year? And my last question is...Does the time of year you sail effect the activities on board? Meaning, because it isn't "spring break" season will there be less activities on board? Especially at night?

Thanx,

Amy:D

Ps. Did I mention that this site is addictive??!!

I was on the Valor last year about the same time you're thinking of going. I would say there is definitely more to do at night than just drink and gamble. I think you'd enjoy the Lindy Hop, that's the piano bar. It was a lot of fun! I know the piano guy will be different since Ed was about to leave the Valor when we were on board, but I'd guess most of their piano bar guys are similar to him. He was really great, very impressive player. There are a couple of other lounges in the vicinity of the Lindy Hop that are good as well. One is Winston's Cigar Bar. If you're opposed to cigar smoke though, I wouldn't recommend it. But the band they have in there is really great too, lots of Santana-style music, very fun. You can always go to the disco if you want to dance too. We didn't just because it seemed to be too loud and crowded for our taste, but most people really liked it. There are late-night comedy shows too a couple of nights. I don't think there are less late-night activities than any other time of the year. Anyway, I hope this helps! :)

Hi!

My husband and I just returned from the Valor a few weeks ago. I'm 27, my DH is 26 and we always found something to do at night. Our favorite spot was the piano bar with Ron Pass. He played all different types of sing-a-long music. There is also a disco that is open every night. I know there is also kareoke (sp?) that I know a lot of people enjoyed as well. Between the shows, late night comedy (adult only, shows at midnight), piano bar etc, we were never bored.

Sorry I don't have answers about the weather etc; this was our first cruise.

Ok phew! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. If all there is to do is the shows and then after that nothing, that would suck for me b/c I'd be up half the night doing nothing. The ports are great but the ship for me is just as important. Sotadragon, how was the weather? Was it rainy?

:D Amy

Archived