cave tubing in Belize

BrownEyesTampa

I am just wondering what time do you leave on the cave tubing tours and about what time do you return to the pier. I want to have plenty of time to make it to the pharmacy at the pier. Does the tours mentioned allow time to shop after returning. Thanks, Janice

We also did cave tubing with Yhoni Sept 14th and had a great time.

Hey Lynn,

According to your DH's previous post, he went on the excursion on Sept 12, apparently without you ;)

We also did the cave tubing on Sept 12th with Yhony at cavetubing.com

(Did he jump ship in Grand Cayman and go to Belize by himself on Tuesday? :D )

Jay

I checked out the cave-tubing.com website and it says you need a minimum of 5 people in a group. If I book for 3 do they just put me into another group to make at least 5, or do I have to find more people myself? Or is it just more expensive for only 3 people? I think I'd rather go in a bigger group actually, just don't know how to find one!!:confused:

We just did Cave-tubing.com with Yhony 2 weeks ago and it was a great trip and great deal. I started a Group on our Miracle cruise by being the first couple to sign up. I then went on the Miracle Roll Call and asked if anyone else was interested. There was so much interest that we ended up with 36 people and a discount that Yhony will quote you. All individuals make their Reservation directly with Yhony and have them link it to your Name. You will be the unofficial Group Leader by collecting names and saving everyone a lot of money.

Can anyone tell me how much the excursions cost and also what the roads are like? I did the Mayan Ruins last time in Belize and got extremely travel sick on the way - made even worse by knowing we had to return by the same route. the roads were bumpy and winding.

You might want to go to www.cave-tubing.com to checkout the prices and maybe contact them. I understand the Mexican gov't is possibly imposing a tax on them that could affect the price. Either way you will pay a fraction of the ships price and get a more enjoyable excursion.

As far as the roads go...for the most part they are fine...no winding but the closer you get to the caves the rougher they are. Still I didn't feel they were that bad.

Do It, it was great!!!

Can anyone tell me if the water is cold? I had heard it was.

Thanks

I'm sure it varies depending on time of year, but we went in September and the water was, for lack of a better term, "refreshing" :D

It was a slight shock to the system when the butt first hits the water, but we quickly got used to it. I'd say it was about 75 degrees, but that's just a WAG.

Archived