Anyone's Cruise on Star Cancelled (Fire)

love2cruise221

We were booked on the Star for 3/26. I called Princess and they didn't have anything available for other cruises that weekend. However, Royal Carib did have room, so we went on that cruise. I did all the legwork to get this going. However, I did have my airfare to and from already booked and it was going out of the same port, so it really wasn't any problem.

One thing you need to watch for.......Princess is going to issue a credit to the credit card that booked your cruise with. So....if you are going to book a cruise on your own, book it with the same credit card.

We were booked on the Star for 3/26. I called Princess and they didn't have anything available for other cruises that weekend. However, Royal Carib did have room, so we went on that cruise. I did all the legwork to get this going. However, I did have my airfare to and from already booked and it was going out of the same port, so it really wasn't any problem.

One thing you need to watch for.......Princess is going to issue a credit to the credit card that booked your cruise with. So....if you are going to book a cruise on your own, book it with the same credit card.

Just to be clear, seeing as the airfare is non-refundable, even though you ended up using it, I read it as Princess is still giving you a refund for it regardless, because of the inconvenience and cancellation on their part. Is this correct??

Thanks

I am not sure if I can get a refund for the airfare since I was able to use it. I will try though!! I going to wait until next week for things to settle down a bit and talk to Princess direct about what they will refund.

Really, I am not out any money, since the RCL fare was $300 less than Princess. I will be happy to get my money back for the cruise and the future 25% discount. The only problem with the discount is that you have to use it by next year. It should be good on any future cruise, in my opinion.

Let's see, now. You received a full credit for the cancelled cruise, you were able to use your flights, you lost no money, you received a 25% credit for a future cruise, but you are not happy that Princess is only allowing this credit if it is used within the next year instead of leaving the offer open for eternity. So, you think this offer should be open ended for how many thousands of people?

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the hardship here. Although I am sure that there will be many who agree with you and will flame me for not being sympathetic.

Let's see, now. You received a full credit for the cancelled cruise, you were able to use your flights, you lost no money, you received a 25% credit for a future cruise, but you are not happy that Princess is only allowing this credit if it is used within the next year instead of leaving the offer open for eternity. So, you think this offer should be open ended for how many thousands of people?

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the hardship here. Although I am sure that there will be many who agree with you and will flame me for not being sympathetic.

Actually, I am very happy to have been able to use flights, book another cruise, etc.

I would like a bit more flexibility in using the discount. My spring break for next year is in April....but the discount runs out in March.....so I would like to use the discount for next year, i won't be able to. This would ultimately be Princess's loss especially if I find a better deal on another cruise.

I really think Princess will extend the discount when all is said and done.

Archived