FLL-Amerisuites 3/25/06 Review

Vicki-Ben

We stayed at the FLL Amerisuites on 17th precuise. With some of the reviews that were posted I was a bit worried about our stay originally and thought some might want an update.

We got into FLL on around 6pm called for a shuttle and was told they would send one right out and where to meet it. By the time we walked to where it stops it was there.

We requested a king bed in a non-smoking room. We were given two full sized beds. Tried to call down and change to ask if they had any king available and the phone in the room didn't work. So we left our stuff in that room and went back down to the front desk to ask. We were told we could move to a different room down the hall. Went to the new room and again it had two full sized beds so we just decided to deal.

We went down to breakfast around 8 and there were only a couple other people. By 9 the lobby was full and people were standing since there was no where to sit. We went to the publix which is a very short walk to get some extra stuff.

We were ready and checked out by 10 to go to the port and we were told that the shuttle didn't go to the port until 11. So we waited and were on the first shuttle over to the port.

I would say that this hotel is fine for one-night pre-cruise but not for a vacation. The staff was were not friendly and some times rude but overall the experience was positive and well worth the $109 we paid though value-trips vs. $200+ elsewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the hotel. Did it seem like the renovation started yet? Guess getting to breakfast early is a must.

Did you tip the shuttle driver per the amount of suitcases you had or just a flat rate?

It is very typical that hotels will not guarantee a room type. If many people check in before you, and they all wanted king beds, then they would have to give you what is left over.

As far as the shuttle goes, I haven't stayed there yet, but my understanding is that it is a free service. Not a bad deal. You can tip them whatever you like.

It didn't seem like any renovation had started. I didn't see anything being worked on.

The shuttle service is free but we tipped the driver based on the luggage we had. Some people didn't want to wait for the shuttle and took taxis to the port instead instead.

The issue with the rooms was not that they didn't have any king sized bed rooms because they offered one to the couple infront of us that had reserved two full-sized. The issue was that the lady at the front desk didn't seem to know which rooms have a king vs. two full-sized because she said both times that the room had a king. You would think they would know which rooms had what. In the end I was just glad to have a room.

Stayed one night pre-cruise -St Pat's night = March 17

got room for $99.00 at Value - happy with rate and room =Clean -No problems -hotel shuttle picked us up at FLL within 10 minutes --In morning at 11:00 Am took cab to Pier for $15.00 - rather than wait for hotel van -Great close location -went to Publix market for some stuff. Would recommend for pre-cruise -No problem

Archived