Wait List Princess Grill?

Katyany

It seems the Princess Grill cabins are permanently booked and have wait lists.

How do you go on a wait list for PG? Who is going to cancel, and what do you do in the likely case that you won't get a PG suite?

I suppose PG is so popular because people want to be in the Grills, but don't want to pay the higher QG prices?

Seems to me Cunard should have more PG suites.

Which cruise are you trying to get rooms on? Not all have them booked up of course.

By the way, there was a long thread recently about the Grills vs. the main dining room and some people actually prefer that.

Which cruise are you trying to get rooms on? Not all have them booked up of course.

By the way, there was a long thread recently about the Grills vs. the main dining room and some people actually prefer that.

The August QM2 crossings are fully booked in PG and have wait lists. I was just wondering how the wait list system works here.

The August QM2 crossings are fully booked in PG and have wait lists. I was just wondering how the wait list system works here.

when some one cancels or dies every one takes one step forward priority is given to VIP's and world club members and notice could be given at the last moment( i.e. upon boarding) also vacancies are made available by upgrades to Q cat if Q cat is not soldout!!!Great ship no matter where you dine and the main dining room is much prettier then the princess grill.The last time we were in the P_grill we could see the people walking the outside deck in thier bathing suits and deck attire and people looking in the windows not a perfect situation but a nice quieter dining room with great service. enjoy bonvoyage

With so many passengers wanting to travel in the Grills, one would think QM2 would make more money if they had more Grill cabins available, especially Princess Grill.

I'm not sure what is the primary motivation for the popularity of Princess Grill, but it is obviously extremely popular. Is it to some a much better dining room? Are the cabins, or suites rather, much better than, say, the A1 category? Do some just want to be in the Grills for the "VIP" factor, but don't want to pay QG prices?

Cunard should have more Grill suites added and have fewer Brittanea cabins, or else create a third "class" of accomodation, like Caronia on QE2.

I get the impression, on QM2, some people might want the Grills because they have only the choice between the Grills and Brittanea.

Even though there are vastly different levels in Brittanea, as well as vastly different levels in the Grills, there seems to be, in a way, only two choices.

With so many passengers wanting to travel in the Grills, one would think QM2 would make more money if they had more Grill cabins available, especially Princess Grill.

I'm not sure what is the primary motivation for the popularity of Princess Grill, but it is obviously extremely popular. Is it to some a much better dining room? Are the cabins, or suites rather, much better than, say, the A1 category? Do some just want to be in the Grills for the "VIP" factor, but don't want to pay QG prices?

Cunard should have more Grill suites added and have fewer Brittanea cabins, or else create a third "class" of accomodation, like Caronia on QE2.

I get the impression, on QM2, some people might want the Grills because they have only the choice between the Grills and Brittanea.

Even though there are vastly different levels in Brittanea, as well as vastly different levels in the Grills, there seems to be, in a way, only two choices.

the grills are to promote quiet intimate dining with very attentive service if the grills were more than a couple hundred people it would no longer be the grill it would then just be mass dining.I believe that people choose the grills for any and/or all the reasons you mentioned above. My wife and I have travelled in the p-grill cat 3 times and we are convinced its a bargain. best regards jim

the grills are to promote quiet intimate dining with very attentive service if the grills were more than a couple hundred people it would no longer be the grill it would then just be mass dining.I believe that people choose the grills for any and/or all the reasons you mentioned above. My wife and I have travelled in the p-grill cat 3 times and we are convinced its a bargain. best regards jim

The point I am making is not that the Grills should be "mass dining", but that there should be a few more Grill suites, since there are never enough of them to satisfy demand.

Frankly though, the best solution would be to have a 3rd dining option, between Brittanea and the Grills, just like Caronia on QE2. Caronia was anything but "mass dining". It was quite intimate and pleasant.

I bet if there were a Caronia class, many who had booked, or tried to book PG, would book Caronia.

Frankly though, the best solution would be to have a 3rd dining option, between Brittanea and the Grills, just like Caronia on QE2.

From a recent Cunard press release:

Queen Mary 2 will offer a new dining option for 2007. Guests in 46 AA category staterooms will enjoy delicious five-star cuisine in an exclusive private dining area within the Britannia Restaurant. This single-seating club-like restaurant will offer the Britannia Restaurant menu, plus various a la carte options and table-side flambe service.

From a recent Cunard press release:

Queen Mary 2 will offer a new dining option for 2007. Guests in 46 AA category staterooms will enjoy delicious five-star cuisine in an exclusive private dining area within the Britannia Restaurant. This single-seating club-like restaurant will offer the Britannia Restaurant menu, plus various a la carte options and table-side flambe service.

That's interesting. What is 46 AA category? Would that be A1, A2 and A3?

Hello,

Although Cunard does not have the new "AA" deluxe balcony staterooms listed on their deck plans, I would be willing to guess that they will be located midship 11 deck displacing some of the current A1 rooms.

As far as how pricing works. Since there is only a restaurant "upgrade", and not a cabin upgrade, they are priced closer to the A1 than the Princess grills. Prices for the AA's are now listed online.

Hello,

Although Cunard does not have the new "AA" deluxe balcony staterooms listed on their deck plans, I would be willing to guess that they will be located midship 11 deck displacing some of the current A1 rooms.

As far as how pricing works. Since there is only a restaurant "upgrade", and not a cabin upgrade, they are priced closer to the A1 than the Princess grills. Prices for the AA's are now listed online.

Can you tell me where online they are listed? I checked the Cunard site and found nothing about AA cabins.

At the moment, the QM2's AA "Britannia Club Balcony" cabins are only listed on the UK site commencing with the March 26, 2007 transatlantic crossing Southampton to Fort Lauderdale.

On Cunard's UK home page, use the Voyage finder, and select a QM2 sailing after the world cruise. On the next page, you may view fares. The AA cabins and prices are listed here.

Alan

PG is available. But you have to know which agencies still have them. Hint:

they are on the extended ta's.

Archived