Where to stay just outside Lincoln Tunnel?

gigizhere

We are cruising on Spirit 6-11....wanted to drive into Jersey on Sat....Where would be a good city to stay in that is close to Lincoln Tunnel? I am from Ohio and have nooooooo idea where we are going!

There is a holiday inn just off the highway approach to the lincoln tunnel. You can also stay a little further out on route 80 at a Sheraton or Doubletree that is about an hour from the Tunnel....Personally these hotels are better than the Holiday Inn...

Are you looking to do something in the city that you stay in, or just looking to stay somewhere relatively safe as you shack up in your hotel room and maybe venture out for some eats before calling it a night?

NJ is relatively boring, so dont' expect to do too much. If you are young, and looking to party, Hoboken is the place to be and right across the river. Probably more expenisve if there is even a hotel in the city to stay in. Bar after bar after bar anbd a pretty young crowd. Nice place to be.

If you want to "safe" place with restaurants nearby, I'd suggest hitting up E. Rutherford or Secaucus area. About a 10-15 min run into the city on Rt. 3 and plenty of restaurants up Rt. 17 and by the Mill Creek Mall in Secaucus on Rt. 3. Easy drive into Hoboken as well from either of these cities. Also, a hotel in this area puts you right next to the Meadowlands if you want to bet on the ponies during the evening or grab a few beers at the track. I live in a neighboring town if you need more questions answered. Be back on line tomorrow.

Coming from Ohio something off 80 might be better. It is easier to get to the pier from the GW Bridge. Turn right pier entrance on your right.

You have options in Fort Lee - Hilton

You can exit 80 toward the Lincoln Tunnel and stay in the Meadowlands - Sheraton, Embassy Suites.

Can i ask why that one? (if this was thru priceline what star rating did you bid?)

It's one of the most run down hotels in the area and depending upon your budget you can probably do much better.

Are you serious??? it looked ok online and the price was not bad.....i truely dont want to spend a fortune for one night....but if it is that bad...maybe I should cancell and look for another....please let me know...i see the map of that area and there are alot to choose from.

I wouldn't recommend staying there unless everything else was sold-out and you didn't have any other choices.

What is the rate.. dont' cancel it just yet but i'll see if i can come up with anything similarly priced.

I wouldn't recommend staying there unless everything else was sold-out and you didn't have any other choices.

What is the rate.. dont' cancel it just yet but i'll see if i can come up with anything similarly priced.

Thanks soo much for the info!! After you mentioned that I did go back on the web site and the comments that I read about it just confirmed what you told me! It is hard when you have no clue where you are going!! I did cancel that hotel and I made reservations for the Holiday Inn on Plaza Dr......Please don't tell me that is not a good choice either!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Best Western, right new Newark Airport. We always stay there when flying out of Newark. Very basic hotel but clean and very reasonably priced and they will shuttle you/from to the airport for free. They have a flydrive package and you can leave your car there if you wish.

Archived