St. Thomas and St. John in one day

stitch78

On our cruise, the boat arrives at St. Thomas at 8AM and leaves at 8PM. I'm thinking that this is enough time to visit both St. John and St. Thomas. Was hoping to do a trip to Trunk Bay on St. John first (around 9:30). Would it take about a total of 30 minutes to get there from the boat. Spend an hour or two at Trunk Bay. What else is there to do on St. John site seeing wise that can be done in a couple hours? Then come back to St. Thomas around 2 or 3. Visit Paradise Point, and what else? I mean one beach probably is enough right so what are some non-beach things to do? Shopping is okay but I'd prefer to see sights and stuff. Any advice on doing both the islands in one day? I definately just want to stick to a couple things on each island - no major excursions like scuba or anything.

You have ample time to do both. We arrived in St. Thomas about 7am - off the ship around 9ish. Caught a taxi to the ferry and we were at St. John's around 11. We snorkeled for a couple of hours, took the ferry back to St. Thomas and had time to shop before getting on the ship to depart at 5pm. You are there from 8am - 8pm and you will have plenty of time to go to both places. Just plan accordingly! I am so jealous!

We took a Carnival sponsored tour of St. John that took us to snorkel and swim at Trunk Bay for two hours. Upon our return to St. Thomas, we had plenty of time to shop istop at a cafe for a drink. Enjoy.

If you are asking if it will take a total of 30 minutes to get from the pier to Trunk Bay, the answer is no. It will take longer than that. Better to plan about 1 hour because of traffic, ferry schedule, and getting a ride to Trunk Bay from the ferry dock on St. John.

If you go over to St. John first, then you should have ample time to see both islands. You might also want to check out Cinnamon Bay on St. John. (A quick search on this forum should net you several threads about both Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay.)

beachchick

You should do St. John first so you won't have to worry about returning ferry schedules in the p.m. I wouldn't waste my time/money on paradise point. It'd be better to hire a taxi driver to take you to a few sights. Especially in the afternoon - you can negotiate a good price. We went several places (3 of us) for a small price. The driver recommended places and waited for us while we were there. We went to Meagan's Bay and Mountain Top to view the bay and then to the historic part of downtwon. We had some time remaining, so he waited for us while we shopped and then took us back to the ship. Forget the price - but it wasn't much.

Archived