Funnel deck?

sadiem

• 1 month later...

When we sailed the Destiny a few years back and on one of the days at sea my DW and I discovered the ONLY place we could find deck chairs was on the funnel deck. Everywhere else was wall-to-wall people on side-by-side deck chairs from one end of the ship to the other. Not only that, but the decks were also teaming with kids, the music was blairing, people were yelling, etc.

After surveying the ship from fore to stern, I suggested to DW that we could get away from crowds, kids and noise was the funnel deck...so we went upstairs, even though we knew we might see some extra skin. It was very relaxing. Only about 20 people, mostly female, on the deck with us...only about half of them were topless and most were at least 20 or 30 feet from us. No big deal.

We're sailing the Pride in a few weeks. Who knows...we might just "escape" to the funnel deck again!

This was also my favorite place on the ship. No chair saving, quiet with a nice breeze, not overly crowded. I would say only around a dozen girls went topless. One next to us, who asked the wife if she would be offended first. Dh did get a little nervous when I had to run to my room and left him there alone. :rolleyes: Did see a few college age boys coming up to sneak peaks, a bit annoying but since there was such a broad range of naked "types", it didn't bother me. The guy with the camera did get bawled out quickly though!

Guest YesitDonna

That is the best deck on the ship. Not only is it quiet and no kids but I can get a tan and not have any lines when I wear a spaghetti strap dress!

How about a jogging track on the funnel deck?

On Victory, there is a jogging track one level below the funnel deck. It's a tenth of a mile around, and -- at least on my sailing -- was used more by couples slowly strolling hand in hand (and blocking the track) than by serious joggers/walkers/runners. :rolleyes:

As for the funnel deck itself, I didn't see a single topless sunbather up there on my entire cruise. Lots of guys *looking* for topless sunbathers, but that was about it. Then again, I didn't pay that much attention to it. Most people whom I heard talking about it either were entirely scared of that deck, or were only interested in finding a quiet spot away from the crowded lower decks. I saw more people up there late at night than I did during the day.

That is the best deck on the ship. Not only is it quiet and no kids but I can get a tan and not have any lines when I wear a spaghetti strap dress!

You have dresses with straps made out of spaghetti? What is the dress made out of?

I saw more people up there late at night than I did during the day.

Oh, the people who go topless up there at night are just showing off... in which case, denying them an audience would be nothing less than rude.

Archived