Baby and Beach

Yellowlily

When taking your baby out to sea for the first time, what do you recommend for safety precautions?? I have been pondering this. I want to show my daughter the ocean, as we are going to the beach a couple of times on our upcoming cruise, at least let her feet hit the water. I bought her a float - which is probably for pools, primarily. Couldn't find any water wings for her size. Should I order a ski jacket/life vest?? Can someone help me on this one?? She'll be 6 months, btw. Thanks!!

If you're taking baby to the beach, the most important safety concern will be the sun. Long sleeve Shirt, pants, floppy hat, lots of sunscreen and a sun-safe cabana like this one (under an umbrella, the baby still gets hit with the deadly UVA rays):

cabana http://www.rightstart.com/global/store/product~item~898.html

I don't think you need life jacket, etc., if you want to let her sit in the sand with you and have the water hit her for a brief time.

Have fun!

Best,

Mia

When we lived near the beach we always took a little blowup pool for my daughter. We would fill it will just a little bit of water and then she could splash and play. At six months though, is your child even sitting up by herself? I also agree with previous poster. The Sun is the number one concern. You may want to check out the Sun Smarties Cabanas offered by on line stores. The are very small, very portable and very popular. As infants neither of my children really enjoyed the sand very much. If this is the case with your child, make sure you have a beach towel, or beach mat they can stay on.

Hi girls!!

Well, I received my order last week and got my daugter a nice baby cabana and blow up pool for the beach. I'm sure we can use it in the yard too this summer. Also the pool for a tub!! So, it serves all kinds of purposes!!! Thanks for your ideas!!!

Archived