Millennium-dry dock

tomatopa

Sorry to hear that - I know how it feels to plan for a cruise and have the cruiseline pull it on you.

We had scheduled a back to back Med and transatlantic on the Millie last fall. They decided to put the ship in drydock during the time for the trans and pushed the trans back 12 days - so our grand vacation ended up being just the trans and then that ended up being cut by 2 days just a week or so before the cruise. At least they called you early - we noticed the changes on Celeb's website first before there was any notification to passengers.

That's weird, she just had a dry dock. I wonder what went wrong

i was thinking the same thing but this drydock is a year away.....does this mean a routine dry dock?.. if there was a serious problem it seems they would not be waiting a year.. any other thoughts on this????

That's weird, she just had a dry dock. I wonder what went wrong

The drydock in November 05 - even though it was extended - was still shorter than originally planned as it was moved at the last minute.

No cosmetic work was done - other than painting the outside. And we did have slow going crossing - they said that it was because we were caught between two storms but we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale 4 hours or more late.

i was thinking the same thing but this drydock is a year away.....does this mean a routine dry dock?.. if there was a serious problem it seems they would not be waiting a year.. any other thoughts on this????

Hi Everyone !

I am thinking (and this is just a guess) they will make the changes that they did previously to Summit & Constellation (relocating the internet cafe and accupuncture). Also, I am pretty sure the recent Millennium drydock was cut short. This will probably give them the chance to make the updates.

Hi Everyone !

I am thinking (and this is just a guess) they will make the changes that they did previously to Summit & Constellation (relocating the internet cafe and accupuncture). Also, I am pretty sure the recent Millennium drydock was cut short. This will probably give them the chance to make the updates.

They did the major changes to notes (structural changes) during the 11/05 drydock. They were still working on it during the transatlantic. We had a cabin on one of the decks involved and you could hear as well as smell them working.

Hi Everyone !

Acupuncture move is already done. Yes, they did have to shorten the last dry dock time due to a last minute move from France to Portugal.

On of the changes is a new staff lounge close to the helicopter deck.

Everyone who has complained on these boards about the ship looking tired should be happy now:D

I hope they fix the sewage odor problem that has plagued this whip for a couple of years. Too bad that it does not go into dry dock until 07. That means others may have to deal with sewage odor until then. We were on the March 05 - 19 South American cruise and it was bad.

Archived