Asian Cruise- What to pack?

cheeso

I'm just about to start packing for our cruise. We leave tonight for Sinagapore and cruise on Saturday. Is the Pacific Sky a formal sort of a ship. We found the Sun very casual. I was just wondering whether or not to pack dress up or more casual type things. I don't want to feel out of place in the dining room. Does anyone know how many formal nights?

I rang P&O to find out the dress up nights but was told I would have to phone back on Friday!!! We'll be in Singapore then. So I won't be able to prepare for those. Unless someone can help??

The Sky and the Sun have had the same theme/formal nights. So I wouldn't pack any differently for this cruise. Keepcruising was packing based on Island/country and western and PJ nights and 2 formals per 7 day cruise I think. If you thought the Sun was casual pack the same for the Sky. We have been on both and found no difference for dress styles for non theme nights.

Hi, Just remember to take lots of lightweight clothes - its going to be _VERY_ muggy in Singapore this time of year. It will be nice on the ship in the a/c but everywhere else you go will be hot. Mummsie

Thanks for the info. I am trying to madly pack at the moment. I gather shorts and T-shirts are the order of the day. I will have to pack some long pants for myself and the boys for sightseeing in. I wonder if skirts will be OK.

I don't think I will bother with dress ups. Maybe I can purchase something on board.

Cath B.

I only wore shorts and tshirts during the day, but haven't had temples etc that might have restrictions.

You can buy dressups on the cruise but some of it can be expensive. They usually have hawiian shirts, hula stuff and leis. They also have cowboy straw hats, bandannas and checked shirts. I think they are all around $20.

On the South Pacific cruises you have Vila to buy all the cheap island stuff. Don't know about Asia.

Archived