wanting to take a cruise

cjmaxwell

I want so badly to take my daughter on the Disney cruise this next May 2007, When is a good time to start to book, and where is a good place to start?:confused: I have never traveled anywhere before so this will be something special for us both.And since I am A single mom I am limited on funds , so any suggestions will be great.

I want so badly to take my daughter on the Disney cruise this next May 2007, When is a good time to start to book, and where is a good place to start?:confused: I have never traveled anywhere before so this will be something special for us both.And since I am A single mom I am limited on funds , so any suggestions will be great.

First book now it will save you a ton. 2nd since your tight on funds book as inside as all you do is sleep in the cabin and taking a cruise in an inside is far better than not taking a cruise. We took our daughter 2 yrs ago and are going back twice this summer your daughter will love it.

how old is your daughter, as prices are per person adult rates. Will you be flying into Orlando. You have plenty of time to learn alot about the pro's and con's of cruising, which room style you might prefer, early dinner, or late seating. Contact Disney Cruise Line, or go to there website and request their DVD, about cruising with them. It's extremely informative. As a 1st time cruiser, I might prefer that you book with the line itself. Your not going to save a ton of money anywhere, when booking a Disney cruise, early, or late, or with a ta. Read some of the threads about the fees, that are added onto your fare. I'm going to check the DCL website, because I think your daughter will be charged an adult rate. Ill find the numbers and post them back.. Mexico in May, 07. You need not be in a Hurry, hurry hurts the pocket. Metrowon

Your daughter will be a full fared :mad: adult. April 21st, 07, will be the last western caribbean cruise before the Magic goes to EUROPE, next spring. Western caribbean cruises will resume Sept, 07. Fares for 4/21/07, start at $2,700.00. That would include your trip insurance, transfers, and port charges and taxes. That's for a catagory 12 stateroom. Metrowon

Hi,

I would book as soon as you are comfortable with your decision because the prices go up every month for your cruise and if you book now, you will save hundreds, maybe over a thousand dollars over what it would cost closer to the actual cruise date. You can always change your mind and get your money back up to 60 days before the cruise. At least when you book directly with DCL. We have done this, we had to change our cruse dates twice. We just called DCL and it was no problem. That is one advantage of booking directly with DCL. It is so easy to change things or ask questions and get a quick answer.

Definatley either call or go to DCL's official web site and order the free DVD. it is really great to watch. It will answer a lot of question too.

This is a good web site, but the dis boards are excellant for new cruisers to learn all about DCL better. It is all disney on that site and the cruise meets portion is great. You can find your cruise date and get to know others you are going to be cruising with. Kids love to make a friend before the cruise so they have someone they know waiting for them on board, to go to the kids clubs with. Our grandkids do this and just love it. Of course it is great for you too, because you will meet others adults and most of the time they have a place and time you will meet on board, so you will make friends too. Since you are traveling as a single parent this may be good for you so you know a few other adults on board. Also disney has a singles meet , usually within the first 24 hours with snacks and chit chat to get aquainted. There are lots of single parents who take their kids on DCL. If you are interested, go to www.disboards.com , but dont forget to keep posting with us here too!!! We love to help out newbies with their questions too. I found that it helps with the extra $ like tips and such to make it mandatoy to put 100% of the change I get in a penny bank and DO NOT touch it until a few days before the cruise. It really adds up quickly, plus I try to save all one dollar bills I get. It is hard, but if you just make yourself do it and tuck them away out of sight, you'll be surprised how quickly it adds up. we have paid for all the tips and some souvenirs by doing this. I am saving for next Septembers cruise right now and in 7 months I have over $250 saved. It really helps when your on a tight budget. I dont miss a dollar now and then, but to try and come up with it all at once really hurts. Just an idea that might help you to save easier. I'm sure you'll both have magical crusie. Please ask any question you have and we will try to help you.

mom x4,grandma x4

Hi,

I would book as soon as you are comfortable with your decision because the prices go up every month for your cruise and if you book now, you will save hundreds, maybe over a thousand dollars over what it would cost closer to the actual cruise date. You can always change your mind and get your money back up to 60 days before the cruise. At least when you book directly with DCL. We have done this, we had to change our cruse dates twice. We just called DCL and it was no problem. That is one advantage of booking directly with DCL. It is so easy to change things or ask questions and get a quick answer.

Definatley either call or go to DCL's official web site and order the free DVD. it is really great to watch. It will answer a lot of question too.

This is a good web site, but the dis boards are excellant for new cruisers to learn all about DCL better. It is all disney on that site and the cruise meets portion is great. You can find your cruise date and get to know others you are going to be cruising with. Kids love to make a friend before the cruise so they have someone they know waiting for them on board, to go to the kids clubs with. Our grandkids do this and just love it. Of course it is great for you too, because you will meet others adults and most of the time they have a place and time you will meet on board, so you will make friends too. Since you are traveling as a single parent this may be good for you so you know a few other adults on board. Also disney has a singles meet , usually within the first 24 hours with snacks and chit chat to get aquainted. There are lots of single parents who take their kids on DCL. If you are interested, go to www.disboards.com , but dont forget to keep posting with us here too!!! We love to help out newbies with their questions too. I found that it helps with the extra $ like tips and such to make it mandatoy to put 100% of the change I get in a penny bank and DO NOT touch it until a few days before the cruise. It really adds up quickly, plus I try to save all one dollar bills I get. It is hard, but if you just make yourself do it and tuck them away out of sight, you'll be surprised how quickly it adds up. we have paid for all the tips and some souvenirs by doing this. I am saving for next Septembers cruise right now and in 7 months I have over $250 saved. It really helps when your on a tight budget. I dont miss a dollar now and then, but to try and come up with it all at once really hurts. Just an idea that might help you to save easier. I'm sure you'll both have magical crusie. Please ask any question you have and we will try to help you.

mom x4,grandma x4

The Magic goes to Europe next May. There will be no western cruises after 4/21/07, until Sept. 07. Keep posting though, U have alot to offer! Metrowon

What about clothing also? I want to know about the formal night is there one on the disney cruise? and Wow My Gentleman friend just told me he would love to go to. So I am really excited to share all this with my 10 year old daughter and my friend. I want to thank you for the input you have given me so please keep them coming . Also one more question do you have to pay all of this at one time or in payments ? sorry I am so nieve.:o

I'd book directly with DCL. They are the best to work with.

There is a formal and Semi- formal night on the 7 night cruises.

You will have to put down a deposit to book and then you can pay it all at once later, or make payments.

metrowon,

If your thinking about our September cruise we are going 9/23/06, not 2007.

No crusies for us booked in 2007 yet.

We have 2 this year though, I can't wait!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

No, I was responding to the original posters desire to do a Western in May of 07, and ppiglet, just let me know they added a May Western 07 cruise. It's still not posted on DCL website though... Sorry about the misunderstanding. personally we are 10/28/06, Eastern. Jeep safari tour was interesting @ Cozemel last fall. Metrowon

What about clothing also? I want to know about the formal night is there one on the disney cruise? and Wow My Gentleman friend just told me he would love to go to. So I am really excited to share all this with my 10 year old daughter and my friend. I want to thank you for the input you have given me so please keep them coming . Also one more question do you have to pay all of this at one time or in payments ? sorry I am so nieve.:o
So glad your friend decided to go with you, yes there is a formal night. If you book through DCL, there will be a $250.00 per person deposit due, which is fully refundable for up 60 days before leave date. And now your 10 year old will get a childrens rate. Get the DVD. And get started on your paooports. The US post office will get you started with the passports. I believe the cost for an adult passport is in the $95.00 range, and childrens to be about $20.00 less. Keep posting, and just keep getting excited. Metrowon

This is to METROWON,

Thanks for your information, I am just so excited about this trip, I will find out this next week when I will be able to take my vacation days. I hadn't told my daughter anything about this until last night . She heard the Disney music playing on my computer while I was checking out the web site and she came in just so excited watching me go from place to place seeing all the things there was to do. So I finally told her.OH my gosh! she couldn't hardly sleep last night she was so excited.And her excitement is making me wish we were leaving now .

Archived