newbie to celebrity

ivan427

hello

my wife and i are thinking of taking a cruise next april, can someone tell me about the cabind,food and the service. we were on rccl and had a terrible time

thanks

ivan and marianne

Haven't been on RCI, but we did Celebrity's Mercury, 3-04, down to the Mexican Riviera from San Francisco.

Celebrity somewhat up-scale, with what we thought good food and presentation in the main dining room - Lido food was perhaps just average. I would give Celebrity's food a slight edge over Princess - perhaps more in line with HAL.

Main production shows were about par for the industry, perhaps not as well costumed as Princess' shows.

Cabins are adequate, well laid out, and comfortable. Ship's upkeep/maintenance was certainly up to snuff, in our opinion. Mercury has an easy deck plan - pretty hard to get lost!

can someone tell me about the cabind,food and the service. we were on rccl and had a terrible time

Have you only had the one cruise?

It's tough to answer a question if we can't relate the answer to the problems you had with another cruise.

Celebrity's food and service is second to none when comparing it to its peers... ie. similar cost cruises.

The cabins are larger than similar priced cabins on RCL. Now some people love RCL and RCL has more ships and passengers than Celebrity. I would have to know what your expectations are, perhaps your age and and comfort level with dressing up etc.

my wife and i are in our early 40s and we like to dress up for diner.i have been on a couple of cruises,and loved them.my wife went on rccl for the first time and we had a horrible waiter,who met a girl and payed more attention to her then us. also our cabin with was a suite ,had a broken a/c and we did not even leave the port,where we boarded. i told her about fantastic service and got no where.

we had a horrible waiter,who met a girl and payed more attention to her then us.

When our daughter (20 at the time) cruised with us on RCL several years ago we had fantastic service.:cool:

I have had no complaints in 30+ cruises with the service on Celebrity. The food has been wonderful, sometimes better than others even on the same ship one week to the next. We have never had a problem with our cabin but I'm sure some passengers also have experienced an occasional breakdown.

We have also cruised on HAL and Princess and although they also provide a great cruising experience, we keep on coming back to Celebrity

my wife and i are in our early 40s and we like to dress up for diner.

If you prefer a more adult experience and you like to dress up you should like Celebrity. Celebrity is more of an adult oriented cruise line and does not cater to families as much as some other cruise lines do. While there is a childrens program, the family firendly atmosphere is not as much of a selling point as it is on other cruise lines. The overall atmosphere is more formal on Celebrity with the passenger base being slightly older than on RCCL. Formal nights are also taken more seriously with passenegers encouraged to stay in their formal attire all evening as opposed to other cruise lines where passengers may dress for dinner and then change back to their casual clothes when going to the show. The level of service on Celebrity is higher as is the qaulity of the food. The standard cabins seem to be a little larger and the bathrooms are larger as well.

Archived