B2B Constellation Query

cavkc

My parents are sailing on Constellation in two weeks out of Port Liberty to Bermuda. They are taking a B2B cruise and have booked the same cabin for the follow on cruise which is the Transatlantic to the UK.

Before they booked we were assured that they would not have to leave the ship on the change over day. However they have just received their documents and it makes it very clear that they will have to pack up all their bags, have them taken off the ship, leave themselves & then 'check in' again for their 'second cruise'.

This makes for very hard work for my parents who are in their 70's having to pack and unpack again.

Has anyone been able to stay on board during changeover or at least not have to pack up everything?

That sounds ridiculous - I can't believe they would make you do that if you are staying in the same cabin. I'm sure I've read elsewhere that you don't. It's probably just standard paperwork that they've sent out to you as if it's two separate cruises. I am sure someone will post the reply you want on the correct procedure.

However, if they worst comes to the worst, get them to give ma a holler and I'll come and help them unpack as we'll be doing the Transatlantic leg with them by the sounds of it. Make sure you/they check out our thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=195183 if they haven't already done so. We have a friendly bunch there.

Yes they are on the Transatlantic with you - I'll check out your board - my parents are not exactly computer literate - although they are not beyond ringing me with 'can you just look for this on that internet thingy' !

I've told them if we/they can't get an answer before they leave, to speak to their room steward & see if he can sort it so they don't have to pack up, I'm sure for a few extra $$ he can arrange it. They don't mind having to leave themselves, but it's the luggage bit that's bothering them.

Hi we did a b2b this ship did not have to pack up our bags the gave us our new sea cards and a transit pass all the B 2B people had to meet in a room to get off the ship, we got right back on. was great very easy,

MHoward909

It does not make sense that your parents will have to pack up and leave the ship then reboard. Unless, this is some sort of security problem, coming from the US to the UK? I bet none of the crew has to do it, so why should the pax in transit?

When we did a b2b in the Caribbean last year, we just got intransit cards and reboarded. We did have to get new sea passes, but that is all. No packing up.

We did a back 2 back on the Constellation in San Juan this past January and we were required to literally walk off of the ship, go through Immigration in a group with the other back 2 back couples and literally walked right back on. Took only a few minutes. No packing up, no clearing the room. Was very simple and Celebrity appeared to have an established procedure with all of the bugs worked out.

I'd query Captain's Club for starters.

We did the exact same trip last fall...only it was the last Baltic & then TA to San Juan. The travel documents always appear as 2 independant cruises. Hopefully this is the case for your parents. We have never had to pack up when we were in the same stateroom no matter where we were. I'm sure there has to be some misunderstanding. Please let us know. Good luck, Joannne.

Archived